whats for lunch

Hi Everyone,

I got caught out today with the deli lunches from Tesco. The chilli chicken salad has 2.5 syns but the tandoori chicken salad has 14 syns!!! Wish i had of checked before i bought it! so i had that, then strawberries for my supperfood and a muller light with chocolate sprinkles :)

Minestrone soup, baked potato

hi

i have just had spaghetti with a tomato sauce. was yummy.

julie

2 slices of toast, 2 eggs and loads of beans - so simple and so filling!

Baked spinach risotto and grapes

jezzi999 said:
Wetherspoons have confirmed in writing that they don't do it.

Other places may do - I've worked somewhere where they deep fried them in the work canteen. We used to watch them do it with some morbid curiosity - if you don't prick them first they tend to explode and it was quite spectacular to see!

You have worked in some interesting places Jezzi!

jezzi999 said:
Tell me about it! Between supermarkets, prisons, NHS hospitals, private hospitals, publishing industry and homeless shelters I feel like I have seen it all! And all by the age of 28. I've changed jobs so many times I would love to find somewhere permenant!

....That doesnt deep fry spuds and inject harmless dead chickens? Oh it gives me the heebie jeebies writing it down like that. But blimey you must have seen it all with that list! :)

jezzi999 said:
They were probably the highlights!

I would love love love to say more about some of the practices of the supermarket I worked in but a) I have named in it several posts on here and it's the kind of stuff I'd probably get sued for!! And b) you never eat anything every again!

Hahahaha I can believe it. Probably best not though have to say I'm intrigued. ;-)

boring today as its WI day and I have salad that needs finishing so mackerel salad, I think after today unless I have some left over I'm stopping the whole salad on WI day thing though. It's far too cold.

Leftover mushroom and lentil loaf with salad although its pouring down with rain here....hardly salad weather lol

Salad of lettuce, cucumber & tomatoes with uncle bens express thai sweet chilli rice. 2 syns for the whole pack and only £1 in ASDA at the moment :)

Made a huge pan of lentil soup yesterday. Gonna be a few windy days this week.

ok i will confess to being thick!!!! i have never ever cooked with lentils before and would like to try this, what lentils do you use, the dry ones in the packet? and do you have to soak them first. i have picked up a packet of soup mix (lentils etc) in the supermarket and put it down again cos it said you have to soak them over night. do you have to do this or is there another easier way?

julie

HM KFC chicken thighs & salad :D

Back