whats for lunch

boring today as its WI day and I have salad that needs finishing so mackerel salad, I think after today unless I have some left over I'm stopping the whole salad on WI day thing though. It's far too cold.

In fact I'm going to splash out and have a small jacket potato with it

I was intending to have a Jacket potato and salad, but Morrisons didnt have anything left when i went shopping last night, and it wont stop raining for me to go to the farm shop.... So maybe pasta and sauce and some fruit... :(

mrspepperpot said:
ok i will confess to being thick!!!! i have never ever cooked with lentils before and would like to try this, what lentils do you use, the dry ones in the packet? and do you have to soak them first. i have picked up a packet of soup mix (lentils etc) in the supermarket and put it down again cos it said you have to soak them over night. do you have to do this or is there another easier way?

julie

I usually do soak the lentils overnight. Just put them in a basin and cover with cold water. I rinse them several times the next day and drain through a sieve. I either use all lentils or a mixture of lentils and the soup / broth mix that has pearl barley and peas etc. My stew consisted of the broth mix, chopped onion, chopped leeks, chopped carrot and diced potatoes. We had gammon cooked in the pressure cooker on Sunday and I saved the stock to use for the soup. You can use just plain water or a stock cube. Put all ingredients into a saucepan/ pressure cooker or slow cooker and add seasoning to your taste. I would have used a swede as well but they didn't have any in the shop.

Baked potato with tuna and salad

i had vegetable rice,( peppers , onions, celery and mushrooms) and afterwards pineapple and grapes.

julie

I usually do soak the lentils overnight. Just put them in a basin and cover with cold water. I rinse them several times the next day and drain through a sieve. I either use all lentils or a mixture of lentils and the soup / broth mix that has pearl barley and peas etc. My stew consisted of the broth mix, chopped onion, chopped leeks, chopped carrot and diced potatoes. We had gammon cooked in the pressure cooker on Sunday and I saved the stock to use for the soup. You can use just plain water or a stock cube. Put all ingredients into a saucepan/ pressure cooker or slow cooker and add seasoning to your taste. I would have used a swede as well but they didn't have any in the shop.

thankyou for that. just a little afraid as i have never done it before.

julie

Baked potato, half a 250g pack of Tesco Spicy CousCous, tbsp of lighter than light mayo, lots of salad and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. 3 syns for the lot, extra quick (prebaked 3 potatoes yesterday and popped in fridge to microwave when needed) and so filling I didn't even need the whole pack of couscous at 4.5 syns, so estimated 2.5 for half of it and 0.5 for my mayo. Will have rest of couscous tomorrow with a little feta (synned), some roasted cherry tomatoes and some fruit.

Jacket potato and tuna wih EL mayo, sweetcorn and a big salad, then a WW toffee icecream pot.

Made mushy pea curry for the first time, was lovely - put onions peppers and mushrooms in it and used the new tin of Heinz five beans...was delish and very filling!

Xx

Dried egg noodles cooked and mixed with quorn pieces, stir fried broccoli and mushrooms and Chinese 5 spice

Pasta bake with ham, courgette,peppers, tomatoe, onion and cheese (Hex) - very yummy. Followed by Fruit salad topped with FF yogurt. Boy am i stuffed :)

A ham omelette and beans...they don't really go but it's what I fancy! Will have a mullerlight, plum, apple and nectarine afterwards - I'm staaaarving and want to really stuff myself so I'm not hungry at work!

Cheese sandwich, nectarine, mullerlight yogurt

Back