whats for lunch

Exactly! Munchymunchmunch :)

I think I'll have homemade tomato soup and salad with a banana and muller greek for afters :)

More carrot & coriander soup, I swear its helping me lose as its so healthy and filling. No need to snack on crisps and other naughty things when I soup it up!

Oh yeah

ForumRunner_20121009_130106.png

How do you make it please

In a sauce pan I chucked in a roughly chopped large onion, a roughly chopped red chilli, roughly chopped about 500g carrots (not sure exactly how many by I used about half a bag from the shop!), and this time I also added half a small butternut squash (roughly chopped, skin removed), 2 cloves of garlic, a handful of fresh coriander, a tablespoon of ground coriander, 1/2 tablespoon of ground cumin and a good amount of black pepper. Added 1.5 pints of chicken stock. Bring to boil then simmer for an hour. Cool, then blend and I added a bit more water to make it a bit less thick.

I've got about enough for four big portions ALL FOR MEEEEEEEE!

This has to be one of my favourite ever soups!

IMAG0187-1-1.jpg

Mushroom pate and bread roll

yoyoer said:
Mushroom pate and bread roll

Sounds nice! How did you make the mushroom pâté and how many syns is it?

Xx

Sorry didn't make it, got it from Sainsburys. 2 syns per 25gms

oabaab said:
Sounds nice! How did you make the mushroom pâté and how many syns is it?

Xx

Id imagine you could make a yummy mushrooms pate by frying mushrooms garlic and herbs in fry light then whizz with blender and mix with healthy extra portion of Philadelphia light? Yummy might try this myself lol

jasminescott242 said:
Id imagine you could make a yummy mushrooms pate by frying mushrooms garlic and herbs in fry light then whizz with blender and mix with healthy extra portion of Philadelphia light? Yummy might try this myself lol

I made up recipe for a mushroom pate that used canellini beans, fried mushrooms, fried onion, garlic and fresh herbs. Came out very creamy and nice - no syns either :)

missy1978 said:
I made up recipe for a mushroom pate that used canellini beans, fried mushrooms, fried onion, garlic and fresh herbs. Came out very creamy and nice - no syns either :)

That's sounds yummy. Thanks for the idea x

It's not something I would usually have but I had my vegetarian niece staying and used it as a starter. I did enjoy it though and may try the above recipe as it sounds good.

Slimbysummer said:
That's sounds yummy. Thanks for the idea x

It's really nice - just make sure you season it well. Tonnes of herbs! XD

Oooo all this talk of pate has reminded me I have some livers in the freezer ready to make some pate, think I'll get it out and make it tomorrow to have on Friday

Can't decide on todays lunch, think I'll have apple and parsnip soup with butternut squash chips.... or I might have a bread roll with it

Love the mushroom pate idea, might give it a go. Today, more soup! Hope I don't get bored of it because its so tasty, healthy and has really helped me stay on track at lunchtimes.

Back