What's for tea?

Lou*

Silver Member
Hi all, Am back on the wagon and just wondered what everyone was planning on making for their evening meal? I seem to stick to the same stuff which is probs why i have been in a carb coma for the last week..!

Tonight i am having belly pork with watercress.. Yum but i do have this nearly every week ! :eek:

Good idea for a thread! Last night, leftover roast lamb with courgettes and red onion - lamb cut in shreds, 2 courgettes chopped, 1 red onion sliced thinly - all sort of stir fried in a bit of olive oil then some mascarpone stirred in to make a creamy sauce. That was for 2 of us. Very yummy!

Tonight, probably home made beefburgers - minced beef plus a couple of chopped spring onions and a good handful of chopped flatleaf parsley, shaped into patties and chilled in the fridge for half an hour before frying. Plus some purple sprouting broccoli which I seem to be addicted to at the moment.

OOh that sounds lush !! I'm popping to asda at lunch time for this evening's food and think i shall get some minced beef and also have burgers !! YUM !!

Mmmmm both sound great. Hubby wants fish and chips for lunch, ( how thoughtful lol. Luckily don't like fish and not bothered about the chips by the time they've made it home!), there is some left over chicken from yesterday's BBQ in the fridge so I'll have some of that with a hand full of leaves. Probably make a shepherds pie with cauliflower mash for tea.

I'm also having home made burgers tonight! Seems to be a popular choice.
minced beef with grated cheese, onions, paprika all mixed in.

last night was pork shoulder steaks slow cooked in the oven with cabbage and green beans on the side.

Chinese chicken stir fry with broccoli, mushrooms, spring onions and peppers. Mm

Sent from my HTC using MiniMins so excuse random words that have been autocorrected!

When i was younger I used to cringe at having veggies with my meals .... And now I can't even imagine eating a potato.

I have some pork chops defrosting and a courgette left from the weekend which we will have for tea. There's a lettuce, gem one in the fridge, some sweet peppers, so looks like salad.

Oh, and t the weekend I made celeraic chips in the oven with some curry powder sprinkled on them to eat with my roast chicken and broccoli - they were gorgussssssss.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Brisket with a creamy mushroom sauce and cabbage and leeks :)

Quorn fillet with broccoli and a cheese omelette - bit of an interesting mix, but I always had eclectic taste LoL

Home made beef and green pepper curry with ridge gourds, (they taste a bit like courgettes)
I'm half Indian!

Pork fillet steak with mushroom and cream sauce plus green beans. Great to be home cooking again (well dh anyway) :D

Yummy steak with broccoli and cauli mash

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using MiniMins

Lemon sole with mushrooms and asparagus. Mm

Sent from my HTC using MiniMins so excuse random words that have been autocorrected!

Back