What's for tea?

So dh snuck out between showers and barbecued the tuna steaks which were marinated in soy with ginger and garlic, while i made the cauli mash and broccoli. Got to love atkins:D

And yes this is a LARGE plate!

Attachments

• image-3096530417.jpg
    image-3096530417.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 90
southwestgirl said:
Have just taken an idea from earlier in this thread - cab bol. Worked very well!

Glad to hear it - my favourite:D

And tonight, we've just had chicken blt which was absolutely yum...

That's one chicken breast fillet each, cut carefully almost in half flatways, and opened out like a book, put it between two bits of clingfilm and bash with rolling pin to flatten it out nice and thin. Fry in a bit of olive oil with a couple of bits of bacon nice and crispy. Spread chicken with mayo, add bacon lettuce and couple of thin slices of tomato, fold chicken in half. Eat, enjoy. :)

Edited to add; plus a big pile of rocket leaves. Got to have my greens!

hubby's birthday tonight so did a south Indian lamb stew with coconut milk, grilled spiced chicken thighs, paneer in a creamy tomato sauce ( was gonna do matar paneer but then thought of the carbs in peas...) and fried okra with black pepper and onions.

Sounds delicious, love paneer, my all time fav is mateer paneer but youve just given me an idea , sag paneer would be fine on Atkins, yum yum !

It definitely would. Paneer by itself isn't the lowest carbed food, being made from milk. But once in a while I go for it. I usually make my own.

Edited to add, I've never really looked at the carb content of paneer, just guessed it would be high. From further research it looks about 4g per 100g . So not majorly bad!

Sent from my HTC using MiniMins so excuse random words that have been autocorrected!

Last edited:
You're not a pig Phoenix. I don't think that was eating too much at all - if you take a look at the dukan boards many of them eat a whole roast chicken in a day - minus the skin because their diet doesn't allow fat.

Atkins allows you to eat to fullness as long as it's the right food, and roast chicken is definitely the right food.

Agree - I didn't put it very well, and I'm sorry. It is just me, I don't have much of an appetite and I definitely could not eat half a chicken. You won't have sabotaged yourself though. It is pure protein and is going to have minimal effect on your weight as you are low carbing.

And you aren't a pig, you were just hungry and who could blame you when you have something delicious that you can eat that you haven't been allowed for ages!

Tonight, special salmon salad. Salmon fillet zapped in the microwave then browned in the frying pan so it looks nice, plus some bacon bits. Also a quartered hardboiled egg, all on top of some rocket and pea shoots. Dressing, bacon fat plus lemon juice mixed together in the pan.......

What's everyone else having?

Just finished a yummy dinner which included:
Lots of wine:)
Steak from the butcher not supermarket - soooo much better ...and twice the price!
Celeriac mash and broccoli
Just yum:D

Haddock I cheese sauce with cauli, whipped cream, chopped strawberries and blueberries, on second glass of red vino :)

Haddock with whipped cream and strawberries? was confused there for a second:D

Back