whats more important to you

amethyst

Banned
seeing the scales go down, or your measurements?

i have sts for 2 weeks now, but i still lost inches..

am pleased but would rather see the scales go down.... i think :confused:

what about you?

I would agree with the scales!
have weighed and not really lost but lost inches too, and I felt cheated!!!!

Have been in a size 12 (in a previous life) and weighed much more than a friend at a size 12 - so I guess size matters too!! :eek:):D

Whatever happens, don't stop till you get to gorgeous!!

Mikki xxx

The scales do def spur you on however for me its about the clothes! When things feel bigger or u can fit into those jeans that you kept for the day u lost weight there is no better feeling!

It's a good question ... I think sometimes we become too fixated on the numbers on the scales, after all most other people don't know what we weigh, but see our size. When I have clients who don't know how much they weigh/lose they are always happier and tend in general to do better. Maybe because they can see their bodies shrinking and their clothes getting loser. I have quite a few (ladies it must be said!) who now don't know how much they weigh and i only tell them when they get to a certain weight or lose so many pounds/stone.

I think size is more important, but neither of them matter as much as you may think, as neither of them are the problem. They are both just symptoms of the problem IYKWIM.

Sort out the cause (that we have all overeaten in the past) and the weight and size will both sort themselves out without us having to worry.

It is a good question. When I was at the beginning of the diet it was all about the weight loss....now I'm near the end its about how I look. Last week I didn't lose a lb, but my tummy really flattened out....which I was very happy with...so now I'm wanting the inche loss rather then the scales (as long as they don't go up!!)...I say that, but I've just winged on another thread about not losing...so I contradict myself...maybe they are both as important to me.

Back