Whats the best type of curry to eat?

TeamD

OH is away on a stag do and they are off to a Indian restaurant.
Wondering what is the best less fat curry he can have?

Thank you :)

A vegetable curry or Chicken Tikka are always low fat! Boiled Rice would be the obvious choice as well!

Oh yes, he only likes plain rice so thats sorted. Loves poppadoms but he has to go easy on those I think (must tell him). He likes meat so will have to be a meat curry. Chicken Tikka sounds fab.

Thanks

I just ate a chicken biryani in a moment of weakness .... I suspect this is not good! Am now too scared to look up the syns

Chicken Tikka is the devil! It's 14.5 syns on EE, Chicken biryani is 12.5 syns. Today I had a lamb rogan Josh and that was only 6.5syns! The low options on EE days are:
Lamb rogan Josh (6.5)
Chicken Dhansak (6.5)
Chicken Jalfrezi (8.5)
Chicken Vindaloo (8.0)
Vegetable Jalfrzi (7.5)

That way you can have one of those an the rice, also pilau rice is only 2.5syns for 180g on an EE/green day!

I think that Chicken or Prawn dhansak is low for a saucy one at 6.5 syns per serving on green or EE- and it just happens to be my fave too. How lucky is that!!?? For those that haven't tried it, it's hot and sweet, with a thick sauce made with lentils which goes a long way with a portion of plain boiled rice.

Thanks guys, he had a chicken & garlic bhuna apparently so no idea how much syn it is. Hes been loosing loads of weight anyway so hopefully this hasnt done too much harm.

Thanks guys, he had a chicken & garlic bhuna apparently so no idea how much syn it is. Hes been loosing loads of weight anyway so hopefully this hasnt done too much harm.

My DH has been losing weight as well...has he joined SW with you? I think mine has just seen my eating habits change and adapted his, but when I cook for him it's healthier!

i love lentils so fancy a dhansak but am put off by ''sweet'' - i hate anything sweet and sour or sickly like korma
what sort of sweet is it please ??

My DH has been losing weight as well...has he joined SW with you? I think mine has just seen my eating habits change and adapted his, but when I cook for him it's healthier!

He hasnt joined SW, just doing it with me and eats healthily, his weight seem to just fall off! Apparently men lose faster?

i love lentils so fancy a dhansak but am put off by ''sweet'' - i hate anything sweet and sour or sickly like korma
what sort of sweet is it please ??

It isn't anywhere near as sweet as korma / sweet & sour. More of a natural sweetness like you'd get from peppers. Certainly not a sickly sweetness. It can be quite hot, but I seem to have got used to that over the years. (I used to ask for it to be made medium instead of hot in one restaurant we used to use). Def worth a go if you like lentils (esp as it's a bit of a bargain syn-wise).

He hasnt joined SW, just doing it with me and eats healthily, his weight seem to just fall off! Apparently men lose faster?

I feel an explicit coming on! Oh well least they'll be able to sympathise when the wardrobe needs re-stocking :p

It isn't anywhere near as sweet as korma / sweet & sour. More of a natural sweetness like you'd get from peppers. Certainly not a sickly sweetness. It can be quite hot, but I seem to have got used to that over the years. (I used to ask for it to be made medium instead of hot in one restaurant we used to use). Def worth a go if you like lentils (esp as it's a bit of a bargain syn-wise).

oh many thanks for that :D think ill try it x

The dhansak I had once was very sweet like a korma - like they had added sugar and also was so hot it burnt after a couple mouthfuls! I didn't enjoy it at all. If it's stated as being hot and you don't like that then definately ask them to tone it down a little!

The dhansak I had once was very sweet like a korma - like they had added sugar and also was so hot it burnt after a couple mouthfuls! I didn't enjoy it at all. If it's stated as being hot and you don't like that then definately ask them to tone it down a little!

Oh dear!! Am worried about recommending it now!! I suppose it depends where you go (although I haven't had one that sweet yet).
I don't know how anyone can eat a korma. Farrrr too sickly - although when not slimming I did used to enjoy dipping my naan bread in my friends korma sauce.

well was going to try it but luckily my friend had it so i tried hers - and im so glad i didnt have it as it was very very sweet !! wouldnt have liked it at all :(

i had some rogan josh some dupiaza some sag aloo and plain rice and enjoyed every bit :)

I love sag aloo. I'm going to try and make that tomorrow.

If the lamb rogan josh is 6.5 would the chicken rogan josh be about the same??

I've always gone on that basis, as they're both free on EE and lamb is a fattier meat than chicken anyway!

Back