Whats wrong with me

shrinkingsue

Hi all, I have been doing sole source for nearly 5 weeks had a great 1st week loss of 10 pounds but know a lot of that was water and due to the fact that i had eaten out 4 days in a row before I started, however WK 2= 1+ 1/2 LOSS WK 3 = 2 LOSS WK 3= 1+ 1/4 LOSS. I am not constipated take laxatives every week, drink more than my 2 litres of water plus plenty of tea and coffee both black. I never used to weigh myself at home as liked the surprise at weigh in and know the disappointment of the scales at home fluctuating but since last week I have been on them 4 times I had lost 1 and 1/2 by sunday from last wednesday however today it was up 1/2 pound from previous CD weigh in, had a wee then it was down 1/2 pound, the last three times I did CWP i lost 12-14 lb a month, I am struggling not to cheat but know I can't as I have my sons wedding to go to in 6 wks, there is no way I am going to loose the 3 stone I wanted, what else can I do :confused:. I am dreading Wednesday weigh in as know I am going to be in for a disappointing loss yet again and am going to be crying after weigh in. I know any loss is good but below 3 wk after wk is soul destroying :rant2: ANY suggestions greatly appreciated
Ignore my ticker can't update it that was from last time

Hi all, I have been doing sole source for nearly 5 weeks had a great 1st week loss of 10 pounds but know a lot of that was water and due to the fact that i had eaten out 4 days in a row before I started, however WK 2= 1+ 1/2 LOSS WK 3 = 2 LOSS WK 3= 1+ 1/4 LOSS. I am not constipated take laxatives every week, drink more than my 2 litres of water plus plenty of tea and coffee both black. I never used to weigh myself at home as liked the surprise at weigh in and know the disappointment of the scales at home fluctuating but since last week I have been on them 4 times I had lost 1 and 1/2 by sunday from last wednesday however today it was up 1/2 pound from previous CD weigh in, had a wee then it was down 1/2 pound, the last three times I did CWP i lost 12-14 lb a month, I am struggling not to cheat but know I can't as I have my sons wedding to go to in 6 wks, there is no way I am going to loose the 3 stone I wanted, what else can I do :confused:. I am dreading Wednesday weigh in as know I am going to be in for a disappointing loss yet again and am going to be crying after weigh in. I know any loss is good but below 3 wk after wk is soul destroying :rant2: ANY suggestions greatly appreciated
Ignore my ticker can't update it that was from last time

So...

You've lost 14.25 lbs in 5 weeks. That's pretty good going, you know. And there are still a couple of days to go until Wednesday. You could easily drop a couple of pounds before then!

I know it's hard to stay positive on this diet - but you're being really hard on yourself (and your body!). Sometimes it can take a few weeks for it (your body) to get into the swing of things. If you're sticking to the diet 100% then there's no way on earth you're not losing fat - it's just not showing up for some reason. It will - promise. You just need to hang in there and trust in the plan.

And stay off the scales! They're evil, nasty things that lie to you! They have no idea how fat you are, they only know how much your muscle, water, flesh and bones weighs in total! Are your clothes fitting better? Are your waistbands getting looser? That's a much more reliable thing to go by than that nasty number on the scales.

You can do this, hun! :clap:

Hi Lily,You are totally right especially about the scales and I know I am being hard on myself I am only looking at it from week 2 really, yes I think my clothes are a bit looser, I can't help but compare my losses to other peoples even when they have had a cheat it is better than mine. Is it because my body has done this 3 times before? the ironic thing is this time I didn't just want to loose some for a holiday then come off the plan I really want to do it right and keep it off, at the moment I think of food all the time (healthy food salad fruit etc lol) but thankfully my goal is stronger than my urge. I will do it but just wish I could have an average of 3 pound a week x

Hiya

New to all this. Just starting day 2

But my CDC said to drink min of 4 litres of water because will increase weightloss.

Hope that helps.

Sophie

Morning and thanks for your replies I do drink more than previous times but will add another litre to see if it makes any difference. I have thought about giving up my bars but had them on previous ocassions without problems apart from the first time have had them from day one. They definitely help me stay on track. Weigh day tomorrow so not much time to see if water helps but will add the extra from today that should bring me to a good 4 litres including tea and coffee x

Its so tough but hang on in there - last time round someone told me to ignore the scales because if I stuck to it 100% then it was impossible for it not to work - it just might not (probably wouldn't) go down in a nice smooth line! Look at the total weight loss since the beginning - you are still over the stone a month average. I hope you have a nice surprise this week.

Don't be too disheartened sugar....i think sometimes we expect this diet to be a miracle and we'll all lose 5 stone in a month lol. It is soul distroying when you don't lose what you want to but it does work so keep your chin up and plough on and it will be worth it :)

Thanks for your replies, it's not so much the first months weight loss its just the way its going i will be lucky to hit half stone a month I always said 3lb a week would be great don't want to be greedy lol. Well after tomorrows weigh in its another week of hope. My mouth tastes awful today maybe a good sign as i got that a lot previously when i did the plan. fingers crossed for tomorrow and good luck to you all on your next weigh in x

Looks like you just need to edit your signature. Go to the blue band of tabs towards the top of the page and click on User CP. (it's the first tab on the left hand side). One of the options that should then come up (down the left hand side) is 'Edit Signature'. Just delete what you've got in there - that should do the trick. :)

I know what you are saying but just think how slow it might be if you were not on CD.

I am a slow loser and it is hard not to compare your losses with others but often you will find that it goes along slowly and then out of the blue you get a big one!

Fingers crossed:fingerscrossed:

I reckon weight loss on any diet gets slower as you get older, unfortunately. I know that whenever I do Cambridge now, I struggle to lose much more than a couple of pounds a week - I get the odd 3 here and there. When I first did Cambridge I got the 3-4 pounds a week that you're 'supposed' to get.

It's a really tough old slog - but I find that if I don't do Cambridge, I struggle to lose a pound a week. So... Sigh. :rolleyes:

ShrinkingSue, have you ever had your thyroid checked? It might be worth explaining to your doctor that you're struggling to lose weight even on a VLCD and you're wondering whether you've got hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid).

Maybe up the water intake as I have a thyroid problem and still losing the average I think. Last week had a smaller loss than this week only difference is my water intake as I always drink two litre plus before this diet now drinking evening. Also how often are you going to the toilet ?? My CDC said when I had a small loss last week to keep an eye on that. Stick with it :)

Back