Original What's your fave red day lunch?

I have a chicken and mayo sandwich today with 1/2 a honeydew melon, grapes and a strawberry muller light. Yum!

300g carton of VLF Cottage cheese with Pineapple - 1½ syns, with a couple of Scan Bran -1 syn, and vegetable crudites like carrots and celery, and fruit to follow.

It's low in syns, quick and easy to prepare, full of calcium, Vitamin C and Fibre, and it's really nice too....lovely.

Chicken and Bacon SW Quiche

or Bacon and Mushroom Omelette

Steak and Onion sarnie with HE Wholemeal Roll

Salmon Caesar Salad

Ummm...bacon, egg and toast with 2 tbsp Asda smart price tomato ketchup is one!
I love salmon salad too with 2 tbsp Hellmans extra light mayo.
I sometimes make a cooked dinner the night before and re-heat it again at work - eg chicken and veg with gravy.
In all honesty, I prefer Red Days to Green!

:rolleyes: Ooops - silly me you said not SW Quiche! Ha haaaaa.

Oops, just realised you said Red lunch day......mine is a Free lunch really I suppose, sorry about that.

Thanks ladies! You've given me some ideas. I just always struggle for some reason. I guess on green in the summer I usually throw together a couscous or pasta salad but I'm really trying to do all red this week. I think I'm going to start having fruit for breakfast and free up my bread for a sarnie at lunch. I like to save my second HEX towards Alpen Light or new potatoes or something like that.

I usually have a salmon salad or tuna salad if I'm at work, but I have been known to have chicken pieces in Hellmans EL mayo with curry powder and grapes to make a sort of coronation chicken and have that with salad too. then of course there's always meatloaf, hot or cold.

[FONT=&quot]Salad: cucumber, tomato, lettuce, cheese, tuna, mayo
Sandwich: bread, low fat cottage cheese, cucumber, smocked salmon[/FONT]

Back