What's your fave scan bran cake recipe?

Curly Wurly Scan Bran Cake

This recipe is just 8 ½ syns for the whole cake and 1 healthy extra B choice.

Ingredients:

- 4 Scan Bran
- 1 Weetabix
- 1 tbsp. golden syrup
- 1 cup sweetener
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 Bashed up curly wurly

Cooking Instructions

1. Break the scan bran into pieces; pour on a little hot water to soften.

2. Once soft, mash with a fork. Add the Weetabix, sweetener and golden syrup. Mix well.

3. Add the beaten egg a little at a time until the mixture is soft but not runny.

4. Line a loaf tin with foil or non stick baking parchment. Place the mixture in the tin and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180c for about an hour Curly Wurly Cake

Sorry to be a bit thick, but when do you put the bashed up curly wurly in/on? On the top to decorate, or mixed in?

Had to ask - this sounds so yummy! :D

Black forest gateau!

Mmmm I am eating scan bran black forest gateau right now - it's delicious!

Just used the basic scan bran recipe :-

5 scan bran
3 eggs (although i think i might try 2 next time)
150g grated courgette
5-6tbsp sweetener
2 sachets of options belgian choc.

Crush up scan bran and put hot water on it to let it soften, then drain. In a bowl/jug mix together the eggs, sweetener & options, add the courgette and the scan bran and mix together. Then put into 2 bowls (half in each) and microwave for 5 - 7 mins, till it's dried out a bit.

Last night I had it warm with fromage frais & sweetener, it was ok..... but.... the other one I made went in the fridge, and i've just had it now with a cherry fat free activia - I swear it's the best usage of scan bran that i've ever tried! lol!

Either 1/2 HeB and 2 syns or 3.25 syns per portion.

:)

I made the carrot cake last week, My recipe was the same as above but had a topping made from quark and sweetner. It made all the difference. It was delicious.

how much is the scan bran to buy? Cheaper in class than H&B? Will have to get some to make a cake as I feel I need to eat some cake just now and need a change from cous cous one.

Back