What's Your Mantra?

Vixxster

Nojo on the YoYo
I have a mantra for Slimming World, and I'm going to reiterate it over and over as I get myself back on plan, and it's 'No Gain, No Pain'

So long as there's a loss, I'll be happy. If I STS sometimes, I'll have my diary and my blog and I'll know why it happened and address it and move on.

It's something like 24 weeks til Christmas. If I can shed me 1-2lbs per week from now til then, happiness all round.

I can do it this time for sure.

What's YOUR slimming mantra, what keeps you going, and what's your goal?

Give me some THINsperation.

" A week at a time" at the moment. Closely followed by "One weigh in at a time".

Occasionally I throw in "This is easy so far, I can hang in there" when I'm feeling brave.

Thats exactly what I am doing, concentrating on one WI at a time and trying to ensure that I have lost something. Other than that I am aiming to bust one stone at a time ......

Mine has always been to 'accept the consequences'

Occasionally I get a bit whiney when I think it is 'unfair' that I can't have something because I am restricting my eating- then I remind myself that of course I can have it, it is just that I have to accept the consequences of my choices.

My other mantra- similar to your 'no pain, no gain' is 'dieting is not for wimps'. It all ties in with above- that this is HARD and involves tough choices, but the benefits of no longer being controlled by food and ashamed of the way I look are overwhelming in comparison to that cupcake/pizza/bottle of wine

Good luck, mate

xxxx

i guess mine is you got yourself like this now you are going to undo it! and im getting there!!

Mine is 'The thighs the limit' - sounds a bit mad but is actually reminds me I can do ANYTHING if I really want it and also I can't bear my thighs rubbing when I walk (or run) and want it to STOP!!!!

(So its a combination of 'the sky's the limit' with my blunderbuss thighs for added (literally) measure!) :D

Mine has always been to 'accept the consequences'

Occasionally I get a bit whiney when I think it is 'unfair' that I can't have something because I am restricting my eating- then I remind myself that of course I can have it, it is just that I have to accept the consequences of my choices.

My other mantra- similar to your 'no pain, no gain' is 'dieting is not for wimps'. It all ties in with above- that this is HARD and involves tough choices, but the benefits of no longer being controlled by food and ashamed of the way I look are overwhelming in comparison to that cupcake/pizza/bottle of wine

Good luck, mate

xxxx

I don't have a mantra exactly but I think the plan works if you work it but as CP says its not easy and even though I tend to have good losses and people maybe think it is I am working very hard at it and making those good choices so most of the time I don't have bad consequences and the benefits are definitely worth it! :D

Mine is "Forgive yourself first"... I get so scared of failure sometimes, that when I gain or STS I go into meltdown mode and stuggle to get back on track... so I "forgive myself" for getting it wrong that week, and resolve not to beat myself up about it for more than the walk back to my car after class... by the time I put the key in the ignition I am free of whatever I did last week and ready for the week after!

I also have a note in my wardrobe that says "slinky not slobby". Ha ha!!!!!

These are great!!

Mine is just "I will get there eventually...Im just plodding along!" This is generally as my losses are slow and I know that I will get to target eventually and Im enjoying life along the way.

I guess mine should be - It took time to put it on and its going to take time to get it off!
However i choose to ignore this and moan if i dont lose like half a stone a week!!!

I think my only real mantra is "If it's to be, it's up to me" - nobody else is bothered about how much I weigh and what I look like, I've got to do it for myself!

Great thread! Good luck Vixxster! :) 1-2lb loss a week is achievable - you can do it :D

My new saying is "even if I only lose half a pound a week, I'll still be at target quicker than how long it took to get to this weight" :D

xxx

Mine's almost the same as Mrs V's, for exactly the same reasons! I always think, and say 'life goes on'. In that life will continue, regardles of my WI result, and that 'life' happens only once and I am here to enjoy it along the way. Yes, I have lost three stone, and yes, I another three will eventually join it and I will be deliriously happy when it does. But in the meantime...'life goes on' :)

my life mantra has always been 'accept it, deal with it and move on'

I think you can live by that little motto - acceptance - i am OBESE, deal with it - Joined SW last October - Move on - i am, and on a slimmer path!!!

Sometimes i think 'why do i bother' and have to have a word with myself.....but i still go out, i still have friends who dont look too strange at me when i ask for veggies instead of potatoes! and I love my life.....

Oh - also getting married is a big deal to me, as i am sure it is to anyone. I want to be a slim bride. I have 15 months and I really am going to get to target before my wedding - whatever i decide target looks like - i will be there.....with 3.5 stone nearly gone in 9 months, i know it can be done....although i have had mixed months where i have been good, bad and super good and useless - now i have a clear goal - i want to look and feel comfortable on my wedding day and nothing is going to stop me!!!!

Quote me on that when i am moaning ive gained please.....!!! xxx

Oh wow guys these are all amazing, thanks so much!!

Elle, congrats on getting married!!! You will deffo do it and you will look amazing! (you will look amazing anyway by virtue of your immense prettyfulness so anything on top of that you can take as a bonus, right?)

Thank you all! You'll keep me going! :D

Hi there, i have 2 things i like to remember the first one is a pound is a pound less and the other is: this is a life plan not a diet.

The one that helps me:

My life tomorrow will be the result of my attitudes and the choices I make today.

My mantra is "VIXSTER WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ???" no seriously, when i find myself drifting i will always say "if you bite it, write it !!" Often the only way to keep check on my eating is to write it down. My other one is "Am I really hungry or does my mouth want to play "

Nice one Rosie - you picked a great couple there. Actually everyone did! I particularly like the bite it and write it one, as I only joined a few weeks ago and have been keeping a note of everything I've eaten/drank. I find it very useful to keep track of my syns, healthy extras etc etc. If I had to just remember I know something would get left out (or added in) - this way I can be 100% sure I'm on plan. Keep up the mottos laydeez and laddies!

Back