What's your motivation?

AlexIce

Silver Member
Hi folks,

Just wondered what sort of special motivation people have for making the decision to actually do this diet.

I am doing it for my health of course but also ...
1. I have to do a Charlie's Angels dance in February
(my friend's husband Walter will be 50 and as when we have meals together he is usually the only guy among between 3 or 5 women, we have started calling ourselves Walter's Angels and at his 50th party we're going to do a choreographed dance - all the others are slim so I am making an effort)
2. Very posh wedding on a boat to go to next summer and it would be lovely to wear something elegant and slinky.
3. ohhh the satisfaction I am going to have when i throw out every single piece of clothing I possess and start again.
4. Just purely to feel good about my body.

to start with, it was to get into a half decent dress for my best mates wedding which is on sat...so i have my half decent size 10 dress :D so now my motivation has changed!
At the moment, its to get to BMI25!
And then its to get a tummy tuck and boob job done!
xxx

Hi Alex,

Lots of reasons for me, but some of the deep and not so deep! :

- to feel sexy and attractive
- to be able to wear sleeveless tops (especially when I go to Oz in Jan 2010 for a month!)
- to beat my food demons once and for all and regain control over food
- to stop being the fat friend
- to feel like I deserve to 'get the guy'!

Good luck, Alex - fab week 1 loss! x

To be able to shop in river island and Karen millen again which can do now :D sorry very shallow reasons but love my life other than that LOL

Ooooh my motivation.....

1. I dont want to be the "fat friend" anymore.
2. I want to chase around after my daughter.
3. I dont want to worry about/feel guilty about eating what i want when i want.
4. To feel sexy in a tankini!!
5. To shop in skinny people shops lol x

mmm shopping in skinny people shops/River Island ..yes. That will be fun.
I have never ever shopped in just normal shops. Someone is going to have to teach me!

All sorts!

The first is undeniably vanity, I would love to look slim, elegant and fashionable - to look in the mirror and feel happier with my image.
Improve the social life - which is already very nice, but I think I would do something like speed dating/singles dining club/join a social club - with an aim of meeting Mr. Right, Mr. Almost Right etc
Then of course its stuff like improving my health, which should be a priority.

Just to feel happier with myself in all sorts of ways, and be the person on the outside that i feel i should be. Ultimately to have control over my eating, and not be controlled by it. Get fit, healthy, feel sexy, be a yummy active mummy, get married, have another baby, and to do all i can so my children do not have to tread this path in the future.

Hi AlexIce,
My motivation is to gain back my self confidence and self esteem. I have been stuck in a rut for some time and have decided to finally take control. In the passed I have lossed and gain and am hoping this time I'll banish the pounds once and for all.
Although I have a BMI of 24, the DR told me that I have "hidden Obesity" due to years of yoyo dieting. (lose weight and muscle, gain back weight but muscle mass has decreased).
I find this site keeps me motivated when I am waning I come online.
Thanks.

Ultimately I want to be healthy, and not leave my three kids without a dad, which is how things were heading I think.

However, I'm enjoying all the other benefits which slimming down to a sensible size is bringing.

I started dieting beause I got on a plane and was scared the seatbelt was not going to fasten. I thought I was going to have to ask for a lap belt.

I'm carrying on now because I want to be able to have to tighten it next time I get on a plane and be able to put the tray down without it actually touching my stomach.

Which I will be able to do now. Easily.

Mine is to get the weight off that i've gained since a horse riding accident in 07, so I can get back to riding competitively and working with horses, without worrying what horses i'm am able to ride and not be too heavy for:rolleyes:and also i wanna be able to get clothes in any clothes shop..not just the larger sizes :D

My motivation is -

To be confident in the bedroom again since I have had my bubba, its gone seriously downhill, I think my fiance wants his confident lady back!!

Also we are going on hollies next year and I want to be a baywatch babe on the beach ... confident enough to swim in the sea and strut in a bikini

I want to be able to wear tight little tops with skinny jeans, I have always had curvy legs ..... not for much longer!

To be honest the list is endless haha x

Clothes mostly, I have loads of lovely things that no longer fit and I keep reminding myself how happy I was to be wearing them. Seems to keep me going.
I'm also hope it'll help with TTC, had a miscarriage a few months back which knocked me a bit so hoping losing weight will help things along.

Oh yes.. putting the tray down on a plane and not having the tummy be in the way - now there's a thing I haven't been able to do in 20 years!
:) The list of things to look forward to is getting longer.

My motivation......

1. To look in the mirror or catch my reflection and think "damn i do look good, don't i" (this has taken 29 years to do!LOL)
2. Have a baby and be at a healthy weight when i start
3. Compliments from people who would usually never notice if you lost one of your ears!! men especially!! This is such a boost to me - shallow maybe but it works.
4. Shopping in 'normal' shops - I am now the woman from NEXT!!
5. Knowing when my husband calls me sexy i might actually beleive him.:love: I feel as though i deserve him now where before i thought what the hell does he want ME for??

This diet has given me so much confidence and that is something i have lacked all my life so this was the best decision i have ever made!!

xxx:)

For me it's two things.

Confidence - I have none when I am the size I am.

Health - I found out fairly recently that I am on the borderline of being diabetic, unless I changed my diet and lost weight.

I'll worry about everything else once I've lost the weight :)

Back