• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

What's your motivation?

AlexIce

Silver Member
S: 160kg C: 147kg G: 100kg BMI: 47.9 Loss: 13kg(8.11%)
Hi folks,

Just wondered what sort of special motivation people have for making the decision to actually do this diet.

I am doing it for my health of course but also ...
1. I have to do a Charlie's Angels dance in February
(my friend's husband Walter will be 50 and as when we have meals together he is usually the only guy among between 3 or 5 women, we have started calling ourselves Walter's Angels and at his 50th party we're going to do a choreographed dance - all the others are slim so I am making an effort)
2. Very posh wedding on a boat to go to next summer and it would be lovely to wear something elegant and slinky.
3. ohhh the satisfaction I am going to have when i throw out every single piece of clothing I possess and start again.
4. Just purely to feel good about my body.

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

LizzMB

WILL be Slim!
S: 14st0lb C: 13st7lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 30.5 Loss: 0st7lb(3.57%)
to start with, it was to get into a half decent dress for my best mates wedding which is on sat...so i have my half decent size 10 dress :D so now my motivation has changed!
At the moment, its to get to BMI25!
And then its to get a tummy tuck and boob job done!
xxx

Thelma

Silver Member
S: 20st8lb C: 15st8lb G: 10st10lb BMI: 36.3 Loss: 5st0lb(24.31%)
Hi Alex,

Lots of reasons for me, but some of the deep and not so deep! :

- to feel sexy and attractive
- to be able to wear sleeveless tops (especially when I go to Oz in Jan 2010 for a month!)
- to beat my food demons once and for all and regain control over food
- to stop being the fat friend
- to feel like I deserve to 'get the guy'!

Good luck, Alex - fab week 1 loss! x

AlexIce

Silver Member
Lizz - I hope the wedding goes well on Saturday and that you get some sun for it!!!

S: 17st9lb C: 17st2lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 41.2 Loss: 0st7lb(2.83%)
Ooooh my motivation.....

1. I dont want to be the "fat friend" anymore.
2. I want to chase around after my daughter.
3. I dont want to worry about/feel guilty about eating what i want when i want.
4. To feel sexy in a tankini!!
5. To shop in skinny people shops lol x

AlexIce

Silver Member
mmm shopping in skinny people shops/River Island ..yes. That will be fun.
I have never ever shopped in just normal shops. Someone is going to have to teach me!

Blingbabe

Back On Track!
S: 14st13lb C: 17st5lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 43 Loss: -2st6lb(-16.27%)
All sorts!

The first is undeniably vanity, I would love to look slim, elegant and fashionable - to look in the mirror and feel happier with my image.
Improve the social life - which is already very nice, but I think I would do something like speed dating/singles dining club/join a social club - with an aim of meeting Mr. Right, Mr. Almost Right etc
Then of course its stuff like improving my health, which should be a priority.

S: 12st6lb C: 11st11lb G: 9st7lb Loss: 0st9lb(5.17%)
Just to feel happier with myself in all sorts of ways, and be the person on the outside that i feel i should be. Ultimately to have control over my eating, and not be controlled by it. Get fit, healthy, feel sexy, be a yummy active mummy, get married, have another baby, and to do all i can so my children do not have to tread this path in the future.

Tracey1404

Enjoyin' my journey....
S: 18st10lb C: 15st12lb G: 12st7lb BMI: 31.9 Loss: 2st12lb(15.27%)
S: 11st0lb C: 9st13lb G: 9st0lb BMI: 22.4 Loss: 1st1lb(9.74%)
Hi AlexIce,
My motivation is to gain back my self confidence and self esteem. I have been stuck in a rut for some time and have decided to finally take control. In the passed I have lossed and gain and am hoping this time I'll banish the pounds once and for all.
Although I have a BMI of 24, the DR told me that I have "hidden Obesity" due to years of yoyo dieting. (lose weight and muscle, gain back weight but muscle mass has decreased).
I find this site keeps me motivated when I am waning I come online.
Thanks.

S: 18st2lb C: 17st4lb G: 13st12lb BMI: 31.1 Loss: 0st12lb(4.72%)
Ultimately I want to be healthy, and not leave my three kids without a dad, which is how things were heading I think.

However, I'm enjoying all the other benefits which slimming down to a sensible size is bringing.

I started dieting beause I got on a plane and was scared the seatbelt was not going to fasten. I thought I was going to have to ask for a lap belt.

I'm carrying on now because I want to be able to have to tighten it next time I get on a plane and be able to put the tray down without it actually touching my stomach.

Which I will be able to do now. Easily.

DappyMare

Girl on a mission
G: 11st7lb
Mine is to get the weight off that i've gained since a horse riding accident in 07, so I can get back to riding competitively and working with horses, without worrying what horses i'm am able to ride and not be too heavy for:rolleyes:and also i wanna be able to get clothes in any clothes shop..not just the larger sizes :D

Melanie_x

size 8 skinnies ..yesss!
S: 13st7lb C: 12st11lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 28.9 Loss: 0st10lb(5.29%)
My motivation is -

To be confident in the bedroom again since I have had my bubba, its gone seriously downhill, I think my fiance wants his confident lady back!!

Also we are going on hollies next year and I want to be a baywatch babe on the beach ... confident enough to swim in the sea and strut in a bikini

I want to be able to wear tight little tops with skinny jeans, I have always had curvy legs ..... not for much longer!

To be honest the list is endless haha x

Clothes mostly, I have loads of lovely things that no longer fit and I keep reminding myself how happy I was to be wearing them. Seems to keep me going.
I'm also hope it'll help with TTC, had a miscarriage a few months back which knocked me a bit so hoping losing weight will help things along.

AlexIce

Silver Member
Oh yes.. putting the tray down on a plane and not having the tummy be in the way - now there's a thing I haven't been able to do in 20 years!
:) The list of things to look forward to is getting longer.

S: 19st5lb C: 11st3lb G: 11st3lb BMI: 23.9 Loss: 8st2lb(42.07%)
My motivation......

1. To look in the mirror or catch my reflection and think "damn i do look good, don't i" (this has taken 29 years to do!LOL)
2. Have a baby and be at a healthy weight when i start
3. Compliments from people who would usually never notice if you lost one of your ears!! men especially!! This is such a boost to me - shallow maybe but it works.
4. Shopping in 'normal' shops - I am now the woman from NEXT!!
5. Knowing when my husband calls me sexy i might actually beleive him.:love: I feel as though i deserve him now where before i thought what the hell does he want ME for??

This diet has given me so much confidence and that is something i have lacked all my life so this was the best decision i have ever made!!

xxx:)

For me it's two things.

Confidence - I have none when I am the size I am.

Health - I found out fairly recently that I am on the borderline of being diabetic, unless I changed my diet and lost weight.

I'll worry about everything else once I've lost the weight :)