Whats your new SW food discovery??

Sorry, I did do a search before posting, but nowt came up for me? I must have made a typo :(

oh no, I think it was in the syns section maybe. I did wonder at the time though that more people would see it here. I don't often go in the syns bit. I bet some more people will see it here who didn't know about it!

Here is the original thread :D

They are loooooooooovely! Although having 2 of them yesterday morning for breakfast made me feel a bit sick :) I think one of each type would probably be better for me. I've never made the weetabix cake, as if I have cake in the house I eat it all :8855: but I'm sure it would be fab! :D xx

They are loooooooooovely! Although having 2 of them yesterday morning for breakfast made me feel a bit sick :) I think one of each type would probably be better for me. I've never made the weetabix cake, as if I have cake in the house I eat it all :8855: but I'm sure it would be fab! :D xx

Me too, I think I'd eat it all if I made it! I'd cut a small bit, but then just keep going back till it was gone:D
Its a good idea having one of each, I sometimes find sweet cereal makes me a bit sick, it would be nice to have one of each!

...no sign of anyone trying the Weetabix cake yet :) Can't wait to hear how it goes. I would, but as I say, I canna taste properly just now, ans I'm not wasting HEs and syns on something I can't fully enjoy! lol

i have got a box in the cupboard, im sooo excited

Skinny Cow Triple Chocolate Ice Cream Lollies are...

absolutely lovely! Tried them for the first time last night and they are gorgeous, a really indulgent treat and only 4.5 syns. Does anyone know where you can get the Toffee and Honeycombe ones? I've tried my local Tesco and Asda but no luck.

Have to agree with you, they are super duper yummy! Excellent for that chocolate fix on a hot day. Nom nom. Didn't know that there is a toffee and honeycombe flavour, but that sounds delish too, might have to have a search for them!

New to me slimming food...
Ppasta n sauce: (can't get my head around this one as it's my comfort food and seems sinful.

Just tried my 1st frozen grape - yum, though won't eat many as DS has filled a bowl with them and snuck off to scoff the lot. I can't blame him or scold him for eating fruit, so off to the shops for me tomorrow for more grapes.

Activia fat free vanilla yogurt: too yummy to be free surely??? Can't find info on it on SW syns online.

Alpen light choc&fudge

SW quiche, so good that DH has requested I make it again this evening.

Looking forward to discovering more lovely synfree/low syn foods to stop me thinking that I'm on a diet.

Mixed Salad bowls

Hope this hasn't been brought up before but my new discovery is ready prepared mixed salad bowls, so far I've picked them up from Aldi and Asda at about £1-£1.25 ish (own makes and its florettes that do one as well I think, too lazy to look in the fridge lol).

They are a selection of salad that seem to stay fresher than the bags and by adding some extras like sliced egg, beetroot and cherry toms, it lasts a few days- ideal for a work pack up at the last minute..

sorry if they are old news to some!

Mint sauce and mixed beans

My sister in law gave me some mixed beans from a can (drained and rinsed) that had been mixed with some mint sauce, sounds awful but it is lovely, especially on a salad.... give it a try!

Oh WOW! Mullerlight Orange with chocolate sprinkles....

How have I only just discovered this?! So nice!! And free lol!

I'm quite lucky, my bf doesn't touch anything remotely healthy....he's in for a shock tonight when he tucks into his SW chilli con carne lol x

Wow the above sounds amazing! I just tried an experiment to get me to use my HEB instead of going straight to syns!! It may not be everyone's cup of tea but i enjoyed it, you can change quantities and flavourings to suit:
mash 2 weetabix with some flavoured squash or water, into about 100g of no fat fromage frais, (I had a large 500g pot half empty so mashed straight into it) then added some sweetners and vanilla essence (or rose water or cinnamon etc). Mix well till weetabix all blended.

It was lovely straight from the pot but i choose to make 10 little cakes and put them on a plate in the freezer - lush and they last longer when frozen. So they will onoly count as 1 HEB no other syns.

Also the danone activia light vanilla flavour yoghurts taste just like carte dor vanilla lite ice-cream after being in the freezer for about 2 hours (check it doesn't go icy, the timing takes a bit of trial and error depending on your freezer settings.)

enjoy!

Back