Whats your new SW food discovery??

how lovely!

morning all!
wow I have just discovered the great taste of shape zero yoghurts! they are so much better than mullerlights and they were on offer in asda, 2 packs of 4 for £2. I don't think I could eat another mullerlight now!
Oh and guess what.... I've lost 2lb this week :)

well done on the 2lb loss....fantastic stuff!!
and yes the shape zero's are the best yogurts in my opinion.....love love love the strawberry and the raspberry ones best.

I had the mango one this morning and I don't usually like yoghurts with bits in but these are great as the bits are more in chunks than stringy mush if you know what i mean?!

Mini_Mog said:
Pitta pizzas are my new loves:) 1 heb for an asda wholemeal pizza, 1hea of reduced fat cheddar is just enough, 1tbs Tom purée. Italian seasoning. Served with a side salad with salad lite on. Mmmmmm for only 1/2 syn!!

Having it again tomorrow, hubby loves it

My OH LOVES this too. Imagine the excitement a 4year old would have if they were allowed to sprinkle toppings of their choice onto a pizza! Favourite favours at the moment are chicken, sweetcorn and mixed peppers!

Julie1964 said:
any reason why bananas are not syn free just beause they are baked but they are when they are fresh...;)

Same with all fruit.
I think (though I'm sure someone can correct me) its because you've changed the structure. Imagine eating 5 apples. Probably be a struggle. Stew 5 apples, and you could eat them in one sitting fairly easily. So cooked or juices fruit is synned and not free.

ive never frozen any yoghurt, may try it today so I can have a free pudding after sunday dinner. how long do i keep it in the freezer for?

Jayellekay said:
Same with all fruit.
I think (though I'm sure someone can correct me) its because you've changed the structure. Imagine eating 5 apples. Probably be a struggle. Stew 5 apples, and you could eat them in one sitting fairly easily. So cooked or juices fruit is synned and not free.

It is because it's no longer in it's natural form. Juicing, pureeing and cooking breaks down the fruit, making it easier to eat & digest (therefore less energy required for the process) and also reduces the bulk, so you would eat more than in it's natural form.

Jayellekay said:
My OH LOVES this too. Imagine the excitement a 4year old would have if they were allowed to sprinkle toppings of their choice onto a pizza! Favourite favours at the moment are chicken, sweetcorn and mixed peppers!

He loves them, I think I'll be making him one for lunch. They are delicious too and I think when all crispy the pitta is nicer than pizza base. Hubby and I love pizza and it was a bit of a vice but this is a lovely substitute. We've had real pizza twice in the last 5 months! And once was at a wedding buffet.

nettie said:
ive never frozen any yoghurt, may try it today so I can have a free pudding after sunday dinner. how long do i keep it in the freezer for?

It's upto u, I put one in first thing in morning so it's ready for after dinner or overnight (tho pop in micro for 20 secs if it's rock hard). If in for days it crystallises which isn't v nice. Enjoy, I'm addicted!

oo never tried the shape zero .. I love the activia vanilla one and cherry , much creamier than mullers . I just buy the muller orange with choc sprinkles as I love it , and the WW dessert recipes ones are amazing .. may have to try shape :D

does anyone know how many syns is a slice of mozzerella cheese (the one thats sliced in a packet ? got some in fridge and wanted to try and use it...
28g of full fat Mozarella is 3.5syns, 28g of low fat mozarella is 2.5syns:D

Another idea: If you put them in micro for 15 seconds - then cut each bar into 4 and then press them between 2 spoons. Put them on a tray (sprayed with fry light) for 10 mins then allow to cool - make LOVELY biscuits. 8 in total to have with a cup of tea.
Mmmmmmmmm

sorry not sure why its added my post her. oops lol x

Another idea: If you put them in micro for 15 seconds - then cut each bar into 4 and then press them between 2 spoons. Put them on a tray (sprayed with fry light) for 10 mins then allow to cool - make LOVELY biscuits. 8 in total to have with a cup of tea.
Mmmmmmmmm

gottasleepnow said:
Mmmmmmmmm

Sorry put what in micro? :)

Back