Whats your new SW food discovery??

Wow the above sounds amazing! I just tried an experiment to get me to use my HEB instead of going straight to syns!! It may not be everyone's cup of tea but i enjoyed it, you can change quantities and flavourings to suit:
mash 2 weetabix with some flavoured squash or water, into about 100g of no fat fromage frais, (I had a large 500g pot half empty so mashed straight into it) then added some sweetners and vanilla essence (or rose water or cinnamon etc). Mix well till weetabix all blended.

It was lovely straight from the pot but i choose to make 10 little cakes and put them on a plate in the freezer - lush and they last longer when frozen. So they will onoly count as 1 HEB no other syns.

Also the danone activia light vanilla flavour yoghurts taste just like carte dor vanilla lite ice-cream after being in the freezer for about 2 hours (check it doesn't go icy, the timing takes a bit of trial and error depending on your freezer settings.)

enjoy!

Thanks Rhi99, this sounds scrummy - almost like ice-cream cake I should imagine! I suppose you could use scan-bran too, and could also use mullerlights etc.! Just off to try and find a teeny bit of space in my freezer ...... ! When I have cereal I always use sf squash instead of milk anyway, so I have my hea milk left for plenty of filling cups of coffee!

I reckon between us all we have cracked the key methods... freeze it, microwave it, have an accident with it!? and keep experimenting!!

Frozen yoghurts/ grapes etc are lovely and even some sweeties (naughty i know but last longer!)

A slight variation on my above adventures with weetabix is to put some soft fruit - mixed berries is nice in the bottom of a glass, crush a weetabix over it slightly soften by hot water or any liquid, the pour over a syn free yog of your choice and mix it up and down. I could live on this!!

Another fav of my mine is marmite or vegemite on celery sticks - addictive again!!

Lastly my other fav SW discovery is quark! mix it with lemon juice (drops of) and black pepper or dried mix herbs - gorgeous!!

I reckon between us all we have cracked the key methods... freeze it, microwave it, have an accident with it!? and keep experimenting!!

Frozen yoghurts/ grapes etc are lovely and even some sweeties (naughty i know but last longer!)

A slight variation on my above adventures with weetabix is to put some soft fruit - mixed berries is nice in the bottom of a glass, crush a weetabix over it slightly soften by hot water or any liquid, the pour over a syn free yog of your choice and mix it up and down. I could live on this!!

Another fav of my mine is marmite or vegemite on celery sticks - addictive again!!

Lastly my other fav SW discovery is quark! mix it with lemon juice (drops of) and black pepper or dried mix herbs - gorgeous!!

Thanks again Rhi99. Just going off to the kitchen to make some of above weetabix recipe for late supper. I reckon we ought to call you the Weetabix queen! Any more weetabix inventions? When I was a child, I used to like weetabix spread with butter, I took it to school for breaktime. Yuk, couldn't do that now!!!

the activia peach yoghurts omg yummy am quite happy never to see a muller light again lol!!! and the kelloggs fibre plus bars omg gorgeous i have 6 boxes sitting in the kitchen lol only 5.5 syns too

The activia peach are the only ones that are synned- according to the new SW mag they are 1/2 syn each :( they were my fave too :mad:

Dairymilk bubbly from the big family bars is 3 1/2 syns for 3 squares.....lush from the fridge for choccie cravings ;)

no way I have been eating loads of them :( I thought they were free,

I also found w.w ones, they are def free I looked them up lol you can get a pack of four - they have strawberry cheesecake, lemon cheesecake and two other ones cant remember what flavours

they are lovely really good for a sweet tooth

no way I have been eating loads of them :( I thought they were free,

I also found w.w ones, they are def free I looked them up lol you can get a pack of four - they have strawberry cheesecake, lemon cheesecake and two other ones cant remember what flavours

they are lovely really good for a sweet tooth

I know.....:( I was shovelling the peach ones down everyday for a while too - then got a bit of a thing for the fat free onken strawberry in the last 2 weeks. All the other fat free activia are syn free its just the peach ones that arent....no idea why??

the WW dessert ones you mentioned are lush:p.....much better than the muller ones (those have syns and are pretty yack) in the four pack one of the other flavours is toffee apple....cant remember the last one.

oh must try them strawberry ones ur talking about, yoghurts are my life line sometimes, really take hunger and need for sweet things away for me

nothing like a really cold yoghurt yum yum

oh must try them strawberry ones ur talking about, yoghurts are my life line sometimes, really take hunger and need for sweet things away for me

nothing like a really cold yoghurt yum yum

The onken do 2 fat free syn free ones at the mo strawb - and a vanilla one. They are reallllly thick & creamy and a bit hard to believe that they can be free lol :D

Ive got a fat free onken one in the fridge at home that i thought was plain yoghurt which i was going to make a curry with - if it is vanilla it will be kinda sweet and no good for that or will it? Sorry to sound a bit thick im only just beginning to use yoghurt in cooking. Can you tell me which brand would be best for currys - the total one seems so expensive.

Ive got a fat free onken one in the fridge at home that i thought was plain yoghurt which i was going to make a curry with - if it is vanilla it will be kinda sweet and no good for that or will it? Sorry to sound a bit thick im only just beginning to use yoghurt in cooking. Can you tell me which brand would be best for currys - the total one seems so expensive.

Onken do a fat free natural one too, and it's in a light blue tub. I shop in Tesco and have used their Light Choices Natural Yoghurt before which works just fine. It's about 80p for a big tub I think. I'm pretty sure that most supermarkets will do their own brand one.

Just don't let it get too hot or it'll separate and not look very appetising :rolleyes:

Kirsty

fraid so :cry: its in the new sw mag in the ads bit. 1/2 syn each.

o_O! I didnt know this either. Im loving activia yogurts, but why will they not do mango fat free in the bigger individual pots or as their own 4pks, Its the best one!

This is so odd:confused: What's the difference apart from size

Danone Activia Fat Free Peach Yogurt, Individual 100g

extraeasy.gif
0 Syn on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original Free
green.gif
Green Free

Danone Activia Fat Free Peach Yogurt, Multipack 125g pot

extraeasy.gif
½ Syn on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original ½ Syn
green.gif
Green ½ Syn

Just had a brain wave and soooo glad i did!!

I made the decision (no idea why) to put my 2 alpen choc and fudge bars (hexb) in the microwave for 20-30 seconds and it comes out all gooey and yummy and REEEAAALLLY indulgent!!

Feel like i have been really naughty but i havent :angeldevil:

Thought i would share that with u lovely people
ENJOY!!
Lisa
xx

Hmmmmm! Just tried this - deeee-lish! Only put mine in for 15 seconds and it was all goey and lovely! Thanks for sharing babymimi :D :D

Back