Whats your new SW food discovery??

gorgeous green day meal is "fried" onion, tin of tomatoes, garlic in a pan and simmer until thicker, add cooked pasta and spinach and stir.

then top with toasted pine nuts and goats cheese (HEB)

really quick too

hope you're synning the nuts? :)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Fererro Rochers! I get some nutella melt it in the microwave, add crushed weetabix, mix it and get a teaspoon and make little balls in mini fairy cake cases. Put them in the fridge to cool and allow myself some when I need my chocolate fix! You could add nuts or dried fruit e.g sultana's. 1 syn per Rocher. I made some recently and impressed the in-laws with this healthier version, they loved them so much they make them too now!

I just picked up some Asda Diet Stimulation drink which is cranberry flavour. Happy to see it is syn free :)
Also picked up some Walker's baked crisps & the new Walker's Lights....Both low syns too & cant beat a proper packet of crisps! xxx

I really dont like the ww sausages, but i have heard people rave about them. to me they are not a sausage, they are just pretending. which reminds me - joes order from my group next week woop!

I really dont like the ww sausages, but i have heard people rave about them. to me they are not a sausage, they are just pretending. which reminds me - joes order from my group next week woop!

I agree with you, i found the ww sausages really strong in taste :confused:

we are lucky to have one of those sausage factory shops and they have specialslimming world sausages about 1/2 syn taste fantastic

I got the new free food book and they are in the back in the list of healthy extras. Tried them, choc orange is fave others are a bit too sweet. Will buy again tho

Sent from my GT-I9000 using MiniMins

GT-I9000?

and how do you get it using Minimins?

Soz for being nosey

Ela ine said:
Does anyone have anything exciting to do with scan bran? That doesn't involve adding mincemeat :p

Someone in my class said that they mash it up with water then mix in an egg with some choc options power then put in microwave to make chocolate cake, I haven't tried it yet but if anyone does let me know how it goes.

Ela ine said:
Does anyone have anything exciting to do with scan bran? That doesn't involve adding mincemeat :p

Someone in my class mashes it up with water then adds an egg and some options choc powder the puts microwave to make chocolate cake

Someone in my class mashes scan bran with some water then adds an egg and some options choc power, mix up and put in microwave to make chocolate cake. Has anyone tried this?

my little indulgence is Low fat fromage frais (free) mixed with a light white chocolate options (2 syns) i make my own syn free mirangue and break it up and mix it in mixed with some berrys....walla eton mess :rolleyes:

Re- the aldi 70 calorie bars ----- Thanks again Janet-c :)

Someone in my class mashes scan bran with some water then adds an egg and some options choc power, mix up and put in microwave to make chocolate cake. Has anyone tried this?

I got this receipe from class, it was not bad, I made it in little sillicone cupcake things, turned out a treat!

Chocolate Cake with Beetroot - 11 syns whole cake
42g Scan Bran 2 syns
250g Cooked Beetroot (can be precooked - found it veg section of most supermarkets)
3 Eggs
50g Cocoa Powder (I prefer real coco to Options) 9 syns
4tbsp Sweetner (adjust to your taste)
1 tsp cinnamon &/or 1 tsp Orange Essence (these last two are an addition a friend told me about, adjust to your taste, lovely!)

Soften Scan Bran with a little boiling water (not more than 60ml)
Once cooled put in food processor with the rest of the ingredients and blend for a few minutes till smooth
Put in one large microwaveable dish or little individual ones.

Microwave for 9 1/2 minutes if cooking the large one, for the little ones I put mine on for about 7 minutes. You can do in oven - maybe 30-40 mins?

Allow to cool and serve with fat free yoghurt/formage frais (flavoured with vanilla essence and sweetner) and fresh berries for black forest gateau! (exuse spelling, tired...)

Last edited:
Does anyone else ever feel naughty when they drink something even though it is FREE? I just treated myself to a nice glass of Lilt Zero with Ice & It was beautiful! I usually am quite boring with drinks & stick to bottled water or Robinson's no added sugar juice! This seems far too good to be free lol! x

Back