Whats your new SW food discovery??

Just wanted to share my made-up pud tonight...
I sweetened some FF natural yoghurt with splenda then mixed in a load of defrosted summer berries (defrosted in microwave though-naughty naughty).
I then crumbled over a Choc fudge alpen light.
Absolutely scrummy - especially for someone who doesn't usually eat puddings!

ColJack said:
never tried it.. is it anything like cabbage or cailiflower leaves?

Fresh spinach is excellent. Just mix it in with your regular greens on a salad. I HATE wilted spinach but fresh is no problem for me, and the easiest way to get that awesome veg in my belly is salad!

CornishTT said:
I got this receipe from class, it was not bad, I made it in little sillicone cupcake things, turned out a treat!

Chocolate Cake with Beetroot - 11 syns whole cake
42g Scan Bran 2 syns
250g Cooked Beetroot (can be precooked - found it veg section of most supermarkets)
3 Eggs
50g Cocoa Powder (I prefer real coco to Options) 9 syns
4tbsp Sweetner (adjust to your taste)
1 tsp cinnamon &/or 1 tsp Orange Essence (these last two are an addition a friend told me about, adjust to your taste, lovely!)

Soften Scan Bran with a little boiling water (not more than 60ml)
Once cooled put in food processor with the rest of the ingredients and blend for a few minutes till smooth
Put in one large microwaveable dish or little individual ones.

Microwave for 9 1/2 minutes if cooking the large one, for the little ones I put mine on for about 7 minutes. You can do in oven - maybe 30-40 mins?

Allow to cool and serve with fat free yoghurt/formage frais (flavoured with vanilla essence and sweetner) and fresh berries for black forest gateau! (exuse spelling, tired...)

Just found this. Seems simple enough although maybe not great to look at! But she says they really fill u up!

http://skinnydreamingrecipes.blogspot.com/2009/08/low-carb-banana-blueberry-muffins.html

Not sure if this has been mentioned but SW Carbonara! I'm a carb junkie and my Friday night treat before SW always used to be fresh stuffed pasta with carbonara sauce. This is a fab alternative and I don't feel like it's low fat, it feels really naughty!

Not sure if this has been mentioned but SW Carbonara! I'm a carb junkie and my Friday night treat before SW always used to be fresh stuffed pasta with carbonara sauce. This is a fab alternative and I don't feel like it's low fat, it feels really naughty!

I love the sw Carbonara it's gorgeous :)
Especially for Carb whores like me lol! :D

I saw Mrs Wilsoncroft talking about Pagen Krisprolls the other day so bought some!

If you rub a clove of garlic on them you get instant garlic bread :D

Very crunchy and only 2 syns each or 3 for a HEXB.

Thanks Mrs W! :)

my freak find is cous cous with mackrel fillets in mustard sauce mixed in...
I got some mackrel fillets in mustard sauce in last weeks SOTW bag, and since this "fish fight" thing has been on tv and one of them mentioned mackrel I though I'd give them a try... very nice..
I don't like pilchards and little fish like that with bones in, but no bones in the mackrel..

just been on a website a friend was telling me about - the tinytakeaway.com

they do loads of different ready done spices for different currys (korma, madras, vindaloo)

most of them are all syn free apart from a few that you have to add sigle cream too

i've just ordered a few to try out....so i'll let you know once i've give them a go

all i get from tinytakeaway.com is a bull**** links page to discount this and cheap that.. no sign of spices or anything..
SPAM!!!!

Back