Whats your new SW food discovery??

Haven't tried using it yet as I only bought it yesterday but found this in the frozen "world" foods frozen section in my local ASDA yesterday.

searchcontainer.jsp;jsessionid=-bQBLKRLoeH6zJ0tBtIBmA**.oses4003-atg01

Oops, finger slip, didnt quite post that right - here it is:

Cookies Detecting!

Frozen crushed ginger in handy sized blocks- they had garlic too - no more peeling and minimal chopping and waste.

Attachments

• ginger.jpg
    ginger.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 142
Oops, finger slip, didnt quite post that right - here it is:

Cookies Detecting!

Frozen crushed ginger in handy sized blocks- they had garlic too - no more peeling and minimal chopping and waste.

these are brill,i have the garlic one and i use it all the time.didnt know they done ginger...bonus:D

Aldi northern catch lightly dusted cod fillets, 3.5 syns for proper breaded fish! Amazing! The asda and tesco versions are 5 syns, so 3.5 is fab! Fish n chips will never be the same again! Nom!

Aldi northern catch lightly dusted cod fillets, 3.5 syns for proper breaded fish! Amazing! The asda and tesco versions are 5 syns, so 3.5 is fab! Fish n chips will never be the same again! Nom!

OMG I glanced at some of these today but didn't even bother picking them up as I was sure they would be mega high.

3.5syns!? *runs off to Aldi*

Thank you :D

OMG I glanced at some of these today but didn't even bother picking them up as I was sure they would be mega high.

3.5syns!? *runs off to Aldi*

Thank you :D

No probs! I had to put all the info into the calculator before I even picked them up, just to make sure! I couldn't believe it! I have one of them in the oven just now with some SW chippies I shall report back once i've scoffed it!

No probs! I had to put all the info into the calculator before I even picked them up, just to make sure! I couldn't believe it! I have one of them in the oven just now with some SW chippies I shall report back once i've scoffed it!

how was your fish,i went and bought some today hope they ok.3.5 syns brill

On the subject of Fish I bought the youngs fish steaks in butter sauce to try. 1.5 syns for each portion and you get 4 in a box. On for 1.50 in farmfoods just now xx

Aldi 2 pack of northern catch lemon & chive salmon fishcakes in a soured cream and herb sauce. Syn Free on EE & Red 9 1/2 syns on green £1.99 a pack

how was your fish,i went and bought some today hope they ok.3.5 syns brill

I realised once i'd taken them out of the oven that I'd put in my last asda one rather than one of the aldi ones (doh!) so still to try the aldi ones unfortunately! I found the asda ones to be quite peppery though.

JoC said:
Aldi 2 pack of northern catch lemon & chive salmon fishcakes in a soured cream and herb sauce. Syn Free on EE & Red 9 1/2 syns on green £1.99 a pack

Were did you get the syns for these ? not on SW site :(

Were did you get the syns for these ? not on SW site :(

I input all the information from the pack into the calculator on the SW site and it gave me the syns. I actually picked these up in error as ment to buy the Thai chilli variety that is listed on the website. Expected these to have syns but checked twice and definately ok

..... or even fish from a chippy,but cant have that :p

yes you can..
cod from the chip shop is free on EE if you take the batter off ( don't know the red / green values as I don't do those.. ), or 18 syns if you leave it on..

I suppose you could remove half the batter and count it as 9 syns.. :)

JoC said:
I input all the information from the pack into the calculator on the SW site and it gave me the syns. I actually picked these up in error as ment to buy the Thai chilli variety that is listed on the website. Expected these to have syns but checked twice and definately ok

Thanks for that I have the thai chilli ones will give these a go :)

Batchelors Pasta Shot Pots. Especially the cheese one. For 1.5syns it satisfies my cheese craving nicely :D
IMG_0268.jpg

Pasta Pot Shots, Chicken, dried, 46g pot 1
Pasta Pot Shots, Creamy Cheese, dried, 43g pot 1½
Pasta Pot Shots, Tomato & Herb, dried, 48g pot Free
Pasta Pot Shots, Roast Vegetable, dried, 48g pot ½

Back