Whats your new SW food discovery??

I've been making them for a few months now so I could do with some new recipes myself now. I'm on the look out for a good curry one. I still haven't found one that I'm happy with! This is what I love about SW - you can have such tasty food all the time & still lose weight.

The weight loss is so slow for me but at least it's coming off. I know I would have given up long before now if it wasn't for the lovely food & recipes!

I cannot find a good curry recipe either... tried several, but I find the result kind of watery or grainy?

Any ideas or good recipes?

Kieragh1515 said:
They really are like proper toasties, couldn't believe it lol. Must keep an eye out for steam bags then!

OH happily eats these instead of breville - much easier and less messy too

Most supermarkets do the steam bags, as do some of the pound shops ...think they're around a £1 for 6 or 8 - reusable too

I cannot find a good curry recipe either... tried several, but I find the result kind of watery or grainy?

I know maybe not what you are after - but a nice chip shop style curry sauce can be made using the SW butternut squash soupe recipe and adding curry powder.

Tastes exactly the same.

Chunkwana said:
I know maybe not what you are after - but a nice chip shop style curry sauce can be made using the SW butternut squash soupe recipe and adding curry powder.

Tastes exactly the same.

Someone at a taster session in group made a chip shop curry out of saucy secrets book but haven't got the recipe.. Do you know if this is it? It was thick and gorgeous x

chryssa said:

The butter chicken recipe is gorgeous as is Kwises prawn curry, I get told both taste like Indian restaurant ones.. Gorgeous x

HPSaucy said:
Someone at a taster session in group made a chip shop curry out of saucy secrets book but haven't got the recipe.. Do you know if this is it? It was thick and gorgeous x

Hi. I'm not sure. This is

1 Butternut squash(peeled,de-seeded &diced)
1small potato
1onion
2 garlic cloves
900ml veg stock
Salt n pepper
Curry powder

Boil for 25 mins and blitz in a blender. May be wise to add curry to taste at the end.

Chunkwana said:
Hi. I'm not sure. This is

1 Butternut squash(peeled,de-seeded &diced)
1small potato
1onion
2 garlic cloves
900ml veg stock
Salt n pepper
Curry powder

Boil for 25 mins and blitz in a blender. May be wise to add curry to taste at the end.

Thanks I'll give it a go x

HPSaucy said:
The butter chicken recipe is gorgeous as is Kwises prawn curry, I get told both taste like Indian restaurant ones.. Gorgeous x

I actually made the butter chicken last night & it was very good! A bit hot for me but I just added extra f.f. natural yogurt to mine & it was perfect.

I make curry with Patak Rgan Josh curry paste and is 3.5 syns. I normally use it twice so 2 syns per serving.
Large onion diced
1/2 can of tomatoes
Beef, Lamb or chicken (4-6oz)
1 medium size potato
28 gr (1oz) Patak Rogan Josh curry paste
Peas/Green beans/Mushroom (optional)
Chopped parsely/corinader or mint
Dry fry onion, add curry paste and fry for further couple of minutes. Add meat (Peas/green beans, mushroom) and fry on low heat making sure the mixture does not stick to the pan. Add tomatoes, salt and 1 cup of water. Bring to boil and simmer until meat tender. Dice potato and add. Cook until potatoes are done. Add more water if you think it needs it. I tend not to make my curry too watery. Serve with boiled rice (I boil my rice with a little salt. when rice is cooked but middle still a little hard. Drain in a colander and wash with a little cold water. put back on the pot and cover and cook on v.low heat for 15-20 minutes until rice is cooked in the middle and when pressed between to finger goes mushy).
Dish out rice and curry, sprinkle with chopped parsely/corinder/mint and serve with FF yougart/fromage fraise. 1 toasted Pitta bread (1xHEXB or syn it).
It is lovely. Enjoy it.

I made the glazed ginger pork steak with root vegetable mash tonight from this months SW magazine - really yummy!

I had to make a few changes (pork escalope instead of steak, parsnip and sweet potato instead of normal potato in the mash and added some five spice to the marinade, broccoli with the cabbage) but it was gorgeous I'd really recommend it. I upped the amount of veg and pork because I was really hungry and it was so filling!

I have the S.W. curry book and others that are S.W. friendly. What kind do you want - i.e. chicken or veggie etc.

Made a fantastic chickpea vindaloo for anyone on green day which has one syn.
Just let me know and I will post some.

I do use 1 or 2 syns for oil so that the spices cook out instead of frylite etc.

I will put this chicken on anyway :D

Chicken Curry - serves 4 - 4 syns whole curry
Ingredients:

4 cloves or large pinch of clove powder
2 tsp ground coriander ------- 2 tsp ground cumin.
1tsp chilli powder or to taste.
¼ tsp turmeric ------- 1 tbsp garam masala (without chilli)
2 tsp ginger/garlic paste
2 red/green chillies – de seeded and finely sliced
1 large onion – finely chopped
300g potatoes - peeled and cubes
450gms skinless and boneless chicken breasts pieces
2 tsp oil
400gms can chopped tomatoes
2 tsp sweetener
310 ml stock made with Bovril
salt & pepper
a handful of fresh coriander
steamed basmati rice to serve

Method:
Mix all the dry spices together – (up to garam masala)

Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and cook the onion over a low heat for 10-15 minutes. When the onions are soft add the spice mix and cook for a couple of minutes to coat the onions, keeping the heat low. (if they start to stick just add a couple of tbsp water and mix)

Mix in the ginger/garlic paste, add the chillies and continue to sauté in the spices for a couple of minutes. Add the potato and chicken pieces to the pan and cook for a further 2 minutes or until coloured.

Pour in the canned tomatoes, sweetener and stock. Mix well, season and bring to the boil. Simmer for 45 minutes or until the potatoes and chicken are cooked through. (mine doesn't usually take this long but make sure the sauce has thickened)
Meanwhile chop the fresh coriander. Serve sprinkled with the coriander and steamed basmati rice

Last edited:
systema said:
I will put this chicken on anyway :D

Thanks for that Systema. I'll try that this weekend!

Walls X-Pop ice lollies - 2.5 syns each and very tasty

Chinese 5 Spice, I shake the stuff on Pork, Chicken, put it in stirfrys.

If I carry on, I'll be sprinkling it on my cornflakes!

Back