What's your plan for maintenance?

Just thought I'd update you on the bbq......it was a disaster!! All they had to eat was burgers and sausages and I don't eat either!! Nothing to do with the diet - I've never eaten processed meat or fish. There was no salad or anything either so left at midnight absolutely starving after wine being the only thing that went into my mouth!:(

sorry to hear that nic but at least you didnt give in... big hugs

Thanks for the encouragement iris. you truly are a jem.. Having a plan and being in the right mindset for me is the only way that I will reach my goal and maintain it... These forums are so motivation..

The big war is all fought in the mind, isn't it? Once you get into the right mindset, anything is achievable!

You're in Italy? Is it tough trying to do a low carb regime when you're surrounded by all that delicious cuisine? I love Italian holidays but I find it so hard to resist all the gorgeous food. Especially in Naples - the pizza is just too good!!

Just thought I'd update you on the bbq......it was a disaster!! All they had to eat was burgers and sausages and I don't eat either!! Nothing to do with the diet - I've never eaten processed meat or fish. There was no salad or anything either so left at midnight absolutely starving after wine being the only thing that went into my mouth!:(

Crikey. Bit insensitive of them not to provide a few options for the vegetarian lobby, or even just people who don't like sausages! A couple of quorn fillets would've been nice. And no salad?! I'd have been seriously miffed!

Good on you for resisting the junk and not feeling pressured into eating some of it. I've been invited to a bbq myself at the weekend and I'm thinking I might take along a couple of dishes of food so at least I'll be guaranteed something to nibble on if the options are scarce!

Yup, I can honestly say it was not good! Especially hard when I'd built myself up to eat more that evening! What's really weird though is the fact that before 'THE DIET' I wouldn't have thought twice about bringing my own Quorn fillets to a bbq but since then find I don't want to stick out and be the awkward one so keep my dietary requirements to myself!!

I must admit getting to my goal weight has been amazing but the future also scares the bejesus out of me! Iris was kind enough to offer me some advice on a thread of mine and I think I am going to up my calories a little each week. I have been exhausted lately so a bit more food should be nice! I am also thinking about losing another half stone below my original goal, so maybe I can get some of that off during this process. You all seem to have had some succes losing more whilst slowly upping calories.

Yup, I can honestly say it was not good! Especially hard when I'd built myself up to eat more that evening! What's really weird though is the fact that before 'THE DIET' I wouldn't have thought twice about bringing my own Quorn fillets to a bbq but since then find I don't want to stick out and be the awkward one so keep my dietary requirements to myself!!

It's tough when there's the pressure there to eat what they're offering, too! I feel terrible turning down food if anyone's worked to prepare it. The worst scenario for me recently was frequent hospital visits - I was spending many afternoons on the vascular ward filled with kindly old recuperating men who all wanted me to eat their shortbread/cookies/iced buns! How can you look a sweet old shortbread-proffering septuagenarian, with a heart condition, in the eye and say 'no'?!

I said no once and was so racked with guilt over the crestfallen expressions that I felt dutybound to nibble all offerings on my next visit! Yes, I'm weak. :p

I must admit getting to my goal weight has been amazing but the future also scares the bejesus out of me! Iris was kind enough to offer me some advice on a thread of mine and I think I am going to up my calories a little each week. I have been exhausted lately so a bit more food should be nice! I am also thinking about losing another half stone below my original goal, so maybe I can get some of that off during this process. You all seem to have had some succes losing more whilst slowly upping calories.

I think a few hundred more cals will make the world of difference to how you feel, especially as you're so good at the exercise! I hope it also helps with the hair - sounds like you've been pushing the old body hard. Maybe a few weeks of maintenance while gradually upping the cals will get you re-energised and kick the metabolism into gear for shedding the last half stone. You can get fab results after a period of maintenance... might take some of the painful slowness out of the last few pounds shedding!

Back