What's your worst job in the kitchen??

hazysummer

I've just spent half an hour de-veining prawns for dinner tonight...

just as well its Valentines;)

and even if not I'm too fussy to let anyone else do it for me

I was merrily shelling prawns the other day, eating and chatting as I went - then looked down and the one i was in the process of splitting was full of eggs, couldn't bring myself to eat anymore, which is unusually squeamish for me!

Worst job just has to be cleaning the cooker. I can cope with raw meat etc.

Yikes, I can't bear to do any of that. I'm a former vegetarian you see, and I need meat, fish, etc to be totally ready to cook before I'd go anywhere near it.

There was once a time when I used to have to don a pair of rubber gloves before I would touch a raw egg as I heard some stories of people cracking open eggs and finding dead chicks inside ( not sure how true this is, but it was always at the back of my mind)

But I've got over this fear now, so for me, the worst thing is all the chopping I have to do with bulkier items like butternut squash! :D

lolacola said:
Yikes, I can't bear to do any of that. I'm a former vegetarian you see, and I need meat, fish, etc to be totally ready to cook before I'd go anywhere near it.

My mate who I used to live with used to be the same. I'd get home and she'd offer to cook dinner, but only if I prepped it first!! Lol!

onions, i hate peepling and chopping them, so it's ready chopped every time:D

Washing raw meat under the tap before cooking..dont like the feeling of it, esp chicken breasts. eeeyuck!

I will gladly do anything in the kitchen apart from put the pots away! Such a tedious job :mad: Luckly, the OH and I have an unsaid agreement, if he wants feeding, he puts the pots away! :p

I'm fine with preparing food, couldn't touch meat or fish though. I hate washing clothes, emptying the machine and hanging wet stuff up, drives me nuts!

Washing raw meat under the tap before cooking..dont like the feeling of it, esp chicken breasts. eeeyuck!

I have good news for you then - the latest advice is that you should not wash raw meat because the splashing of the water spreads bacteria over the entire surface and nearby utensils. It is cross contamination.

Lovely!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back