When did you get to ketosis?

BigLors

Hi guys - am on day 3, and was just wondering how long it usually takes to get to the pink stick stage? I tested today and i'm getting there - had trace ketones!

Sounds daft but am excited about when it turns pink! :p

L x

Beginning of day 3 for me...xxx

yeah, i got excited too. I did three days prep low carbing, so i was in ketosis on the morning of day 2 xxx

So if you havent done any prep does it take longer? I started on Tuesday, and just did it going cold turkey!

Yeah if you did a prep week then you have less carbs in your body, therefore get into ketosis quicker than you would if you had one last blow out. I found the side effects weren't so bad with a prep week as well.

I didnt realise you did prep weeks? Was i supposed to?

its not a prerequisite, but i think it is advised just to make it a comfortable journey into ketosis. Less of a headache, and less hunger pagns for me. I didnt do it first time on CD, but i fell off the wagon. Now i am wise :) xx

Hi Hon, the thing is we are all different.
I didnt do a prep week this time or first time and never get anything more than I mild fuzzy head! This time round I started on mon am, and I was in ketosis by tues lunch time!

If you have any traces of pink then you are in ketosis, It doesnt have to be bright /dark pink.(this just means that you need to drink more water)
When you get carpet breath...you know the ketosis fairy has arrived!!!
Lou X

I think mine was day 3 or 4, I'd had a proper binge before starting cd, no prep at all, so maybe that's why my journey into ketosis was hellish for me. (that was Summer last year)

I'm currently on day 2 of my prep week, low carbs and less cals than usual. I plan on going ss in a day or two.

I LOVE SEEING THE PINK STICK TOO, I think we aaaalllllll do :D

what a rush!!!
(say this like the baddie in Ace Venturer pet detective...anyone remember it??? or am I just sad?? don't answer that one.)

I think it was day 3/4 and i didn't do any prep before (unless you count pizza hut as prep :rotflmao:)

I dont know as have never tested apart from when I first ever started back last year ...... really need to get some sticks I think to get the buzz and definitely be part of the 'pink pee stick gang'

Back