When did you realise.....?

i would have prefered to stay slim tbh...but, i still felt fat back then at a size 8 at least now i know what it is like to be fat and wont feel fat when i get to my size 8 target again

I have been obese for years and always said I'd do something but was very halfhearted about it! I considered LT before I went on holiday but thought it silly to start then. It was my BP being high that finally kicked me into touch and I came home and went straight on LT the next day!

I'm determined that will be my last ever FAT holiday!!!!

I'm pleased to say that my BP was down 2 1/2 weeks in and was back to my very low level the next time I saw my doc.

Now I want to be normal!!!!!

x

I knew I'd gained a lot of weight over the past year but think I was in denial about just how wrong I looked. There were a couple of pictures that I saw of myself that just made me want to cry. When I've hit the 3 stone off mark I'll post them so you can all see just how wrong I looked :(

I have a couple of photos of me that I absolutely hate! I'm not smiling in one and look seriously mean! The other is a rear view my littlest angel took!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You just have to love the little blighters!!!! My backside blocks the light coming through the kitchen window!!!! I just ignored them when I first saw them but looking back it is soooooooooo scary!!!! I knew I was big but OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe when I get to target I'll scare you all with them!!! Or on Halloween, whichever comes first!!!!

x

you look amazing, really youthfull.

my 'moment', well several - has been a build up over the years of seeing myself fat and remembering when i was slim, knowing that i look ugly fat, and attractive slim, feeling self conscious around people, knowing that they are thinking 'blimey!' feeling like a failure all the time at everything. being in pain in back. not being able to wear nice shoes as it killed my feet and back, never really looking 'dressed up' people asking if i was pregnant!

the list is endless!! but the biggest thing fo rme is seeing dr's for various medical complaints - and feeling that some of it has to be connected to my weight. also - a chance that i need another op on my jaw and terrified of anaesthetics anyway, let alone when i was obese! (a friend died under GA when i was about 19, she was only 18)

wanting keith to see me at my best, slim healthy confident, happy etc... hot!

ultimately it comes down to health and looks.

great thread btw!

xxx

I am loosing the weight for a couple of reasons but the main reason being me and my OH want to have kids. I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and being overweight does not help at all.
That and I want to feel confident about the way I look again.

Hello!

I knew the time had come to REALLY do something - and mean it - about reducing my weight when I saw a photo of myself at a friend's wedding.

I was the best man and wore "morning dress" (the traditional wedding outfit with the tailed jacket) as chosen by the bride and groom. Well...I looked just like a ringmaster, as if I should be holding a whip and standing in the middle of the big top at a circus!

I also looked about 50 years old - nothing wrong with that in itself I hear you cry, but I was 34 at the time!

J74

Mine was realising in the midle of June that i had 6 months till i was 30 and i didnt want to be fat & 30 , havent really ever been that bothered about my weight but I do want kids etc and want to be as fit and healthy before i embark on that chapter of my life and i want to get started now not keep waiting till im thinner because thatd never happen if i wasnt on LT

I also forgot to put that i think its better to have been fat , im going to appreciate every day im slim and make the most of it, never going to take for granted that i can eat something and it wont go straight onto my hips .. never saying im not going to eat choccie or chips again but this time it will be once in a blue moon not just because i can

my weight went out of control when i stopped smoking,(ok i was fat before lol ) we had to go out for dinner (his mums birthday) all my clothes was getting tight :cry:,so i went to buy some size 24 i was like omg :eek:
so i just ran round chemist and told him(not asked) put me on diet , as he wouldnt untill i had a few weeks from none smoking,he put me on next day i lied lol i never watched the vid, till a few days later , but i have stuck to LT how its ment to be ;) im a good girl lol, and its paying off, i still see my self as fat/big i have a lil way to go yet, but this is the best diet ever, and tbh lol i have never dieted before :eek: also i was getting so slow walking or doing any think, i was always active but being 17,9 omg i couldnt do nowt

Back