When did you start looking..

emmaleonie1984

in the mirror and thinking yeah I look good? every time i catch a glimpse, i shudder with discust. i cant name one thing I actually like about my body. Ive lost 10pounds so far and have anoth 4 stone to go but i just hate how i look.
Emx

I think it will take about another stone in weight loss to make myself feel truly confident about the way I look.
Recently though, I have been shopping for an outfit for a wedding and managed to get a new dress. It is a completely different style to what I would usually chose but hangs lovely and I feel very comfortable in it.
I used to hate clothes shopping when I was at my heaviest, as no matter what I tried on and in what size the rolls of fat around my stomach were very unforgiving. :cry:
I feel a lot better now as the weight is coming off and can't wait to go shopping for even more new clothes.

Michelle

Ive gone from a size 28/30 to a 12/14 and even a 10 in some tops and I still see myself as big Hun. Ive almost lost 9 stone and yes, I know I am smaller, but whenever I look in the mirror, I still see that large woman staring back at me.
I hope it will change soon :(

im nearly half way through and think i can start to see a change - still got another 4 stone to lose though.....i hope to feel more confident when i move into the 'overweight' and not 'obese' BMI numbers!!! xxx

Aww hun, there must be something you love about your body!? When i was at my biggest i loved my eyebrows. It was my one thing that i LOVED lol it sounds silly but its not about loving every bit of you, its about liking a little bit of you and as you improve your body learning to like everything else a little bit more!

I like my legs, i use to hate them, then i could put up with them, now i like them and hopefully one day i will love them!!

I think it's just as important to have the right frame of mind on how you look as it is being in the right frame of mind to lose weight. If somewhere in your mind you are dead set on hating your body then you always will no matter how much you lose.

Hope you feel better soon :)

xxxx

thanks ladies you are all an inspiration! mrs V, all i can say is wow!!! I hope that your brain will stop seeing that big lady as she doesnt exist anymore :).

Hi pesty, i know its hard to believe but honestly i cant pick anything i like about myself, my mum always says that my smile is my best asset but i just see ugly and fat. When I was pregnant i actually felt more confident about my body, as is i had this lovely bump and it was a sign i was growing my beautiful daughter but now im left with droopy boobs from breastfeeding, stretchmarks over my belly, thighs and back of my knees!! My partner is forever telling my he loves me but its hard when u detest yourself. Maybe thats why i sabtaege myself so much as I cant picture a thin me I just think whats the point! But in the same breath Im never going to get anywhere with that attitude. Well i didnt mean this to turn into a moan. Take care everyone xx

Its ok to moan! Sometimes we need a good old moan to make ourselves feel better :)

We are our own harshest critics. We will always see the little things wrong with ourselves as we study ourselves constantly in so much detail.

Try to find something you like next time you look in the mirror, or maybe even something you dont hate as much as everything else, eye colour, hair style/colour, lips, nose or toes!!

Take a few minutes everyday to day dream of you as you want you to be, then everytime your feeling down or a bit demotivating think of that image you have in your mind to give you a little push. Its not easy to get to that image so dont worry if you cant see it straight away, just make sure you try it.

Its something i did when i was listening to the 'i can make you thin' CDs and even though the diet didnt work for me, this imagining helps.

Good luck hun
xx

Back