When did you start noticing the difference?

SlimmerGirl

I only have 1.5lb to loose this week to get my 1 1/2 stone award,but to be honest im not noticing the difference in my body yet :sigh: When did you all start seeing results?

Have you taken your measurements yet? I didn't until I was about a stone into the journey and I wish I had earlier because I still have issues noticing the difference even now (and I'm nearly 4 1/2 stone gone. There is a HUGE difference in me - I'm 5 sizes smaller) because I'm still fat and I see me every day. If you haven't done it yet, go and do it now - arms, chest, above your waist, waist, hips and thighs.

Realistically I didn't have my first clothing size drop for about 2st - mostly I think because I'd been stuffing myself into clothes that were a wee bit too small (and were stretchy) for such a long time that I was probably a size bigger than I was wearing to begin with. I have noticed the sizes dropping faster since the first one though, which is lovely.

One and a half stone is BRILLIANT - and will have come off of all sorts of places, your back, fingers and toes, arms, chin, jaw - and even if you're not visibly noticing yet, your heart will definitely be noticing the reduction in the work it has to do just to keep you alive.

Thanks Wenchie,your post has helped alot.I think ill start to see a difference around the 2 stone mark like you did.I never thought about doing some measurements..I run and find the tape measure now :) And well done on your weight losses.Your doing fab!

I've also lost 1 & a half stone. I can't really see much of a difference in myself but my jeans are definitely much loser. I think sometimes feeling the difference is better than anything :)

I've lost 18.5lbs so far and looking at myself then I personally can't see much difference BUT I know there must be a difference because:

(a) some of my bigger clothes are now way too big and some of my smaller stuff now fits again;
(b) people keep telling me that it's really noticeable how much weight I have lost; and
(c) I can now do a full session of squash without being completely knackered at the end of it and I'm also running around the court far more as opposed to being relatively static and missing loads of shots!

(b) always makes me beam like a cheshire cat! And with (c) my OH said he thought I'd been taken over my a demented spirit, I was running around the court so much!

I noticed half a stone in that my fat was softer more pillowy!
I went down a dress size after a stone and a half, I noticed I lost a chin at 2 stone!

Its so different for each person depending on your start weight and body frame in the first place!! Its definitely how you feel inside and what the factual differences are i.e. measurements and weight... I've lost 1.5 stone too and although I can see some difference because I had a big wobbly belly before and its now a slightly smaller wobbly belly but I can fit now into size 12's rather than 14's because its slightly smaller!! xxx :)

I don't think I look any different at all but my dentist (of all people!) noticed yesterday. I guess because he hasn't seen me every day like most of the people I work with, say. I've lost a stone exactly now and the trousers I had to stop wearing because they are too small, now fit and are a little baggy. I can see it in my face from my before photo.

I've lost 16 pound and have only just started to notice so I know how u feel. Other people notice more than I do. If I stand in front of the mirror in my underwear I don't look different at all but if I had my fatter body next to me I'd probably see it. As already been said it differs depending on frame etc.. I read the article in the current sw mag and the covergirl had gone from a 16 to a 10 and only lost 2 stone. I haven't dropped a dress size yet so everyone is different.

I've lost 2st 4lbs and went down a dress size when I lost the first 10lbs,but we are all different. Dress size now 12/10 from a 16/18. But remember its not the figures we see (numbers on the scales) but when others see our figures!Thats what really counts, and when we get into those smaller dress sizes. Great feeling isnt it

Back