when do people start to notice??

popsicle

I have lost almost 2 stones yet no-one has noticed at work. I can tell- my trousers are much looser and I can fit into clothes I havent been able to for ages but I wish others would notice too!!!! How much have people lost before others have noticed????:confused:

I have lost almost 2 stones yet no-one has noticed at work. I can tell- my trousers are much looser and I can fit into clothes I havent been able to for ages but I wish others would notice too!!!! How much have people lost before others have noticed????:confused:

It may be that people have noticed but don't want to say anything! Sometimes people are unsure about commenting on weight loss in case they cause offence.
Also, it just be that people that see you all the time might not notice. The first time somebody really noticed my weight loss was after about two stone, and it was somebody I hadn't seen in a while.
My first stone and a half or so, people didn't notice that much, but after about two and a half stone, I got more and more comments.
I'm sure people will start noticing soon, if they haven't already :)

sometimes people do notice but they feel that if they tell you they can offend you? Like as if when they say that you look really well now it meant that before you looked horrible. Sometimes that's why people don't say anything!

the most important fact is that YOU have noticed. Screw everyone else and give yourself a huge pat on the back :D

That's right. Don't seek approval from other people. You are doing this for you!

I would be very cross if someone at work commented on my weight whether I had lost gained or whatever. It none of their business and not appropriate for work. I don't want my colleagues letting me know how fat they think I am!

i know quite a few people at work who are weightwatchers and they comment on my weight (only in the good way though thankfully!) and we all support one another but I do find it puts pressure on me! sometimes I'd like to be forgotten about when I'm having a bad week!! LOL

i know quite a few people at work who are weightwatchers and they comment on my weight (only in the good way though thankfully!) and we all support one another but I do find it puts pressure on me! sometimes I'd like to be forgotten about when I'm having a bad week!! LOL

If I had told everyone at work I was doing WW and discussed my weight with them, then that would be fine because I am putting myself out there to invite comment if you know what I mean.

I am picking my parents up from the airport tomorrow and they have been away for six weeks. Now that I have been thinking about this thread, I must admit that I am curious if they notice anything, though I won't care if they don't :D Chances are that after a thirteen hour flight they probably won't notice anything ;)

If I had told everyone at work I was doing WW and discussed my weight with them, then that would be fine because I am putting myself out there to invite comment if you know what I mean.

I am picking my parents up from the airport tomorrow and they have been away for six weeks. Now that I have been thinking about this thread, I must admit that I am curious if they notice anything, though I won't care if they don't :D Chances are that after a thirteen hour flight they probably won't notice anything ;)

hahah.

Ahh yeah well in that circumstance I suppose comments would be annoying, because they'll expect you to tell them how you did it and all that!! grr xx

Like others have said maybe people have noticed but weight is always a touchy subject to bring up. I recently met up with my cousins hadnt seen them in 6 months we were going to same football game. when I went to the toilet he asked my son had I lost weight, I laughed when I came out and he told me because he was scared to say anything in case I HADNT lost or worse had PUT UP weight lol I had lost over 1&half stone.

Couple of days ago I overheard a neighbour say to my friend that she thought I was looking great and I had lost weight :D

when my mum/Dad or people who know I'm doing ww comment on my weight loss I don't believe them even though I had to get rid of some of my other clothes as they are 2 sizes too big now, I think they are saying it to make me feel good. so people can't win really :D

A few people at work have noticed now & commented. I think of them more as friends than colleagues so it was lovely to hear. I have kept quiet about ww so far- will tell them my secret once all the weight has gone!!

o think its people you dont see regularly that tend to notice first as they can see the most drastic change xx

in regard to this forum, yep the 1st obvious issue why people may not want to mention anything about weight loss is because people may get offended, that is a possible reason, but another possible reason maybe the fact that it really does depend on how much weight you have lost to start seeing the difference. Someone carrying more fat, their 2 stones weight loss may not be so obvious as some one who's 10 stones going down to 8 stones, that is because the less layer of fat you have its the likely bones will appear and when people see bones we link that with weight loss and its a lot obvious to the eye. Someone with alot of weight to loose possibly has to loose a good few stones for it to be noticed.
Anyway hope this helps, whatever the reason, you are doing very well and keep it up, soon everyone will notice and you will feel great:)

I think people that see you daily dont really notice. I have lost 2 stones, and i showed my hubby a before pic and we were both shocked at how different i look.

Well I picked up my parents from the airport and they didn't say anything so at the weekend I asked my mum if she thought I had lost weight and she said that it was hard to see with the top I had on so I said what about in my face. Her reply was I don't know because sometimes your face is puffy!!! Ha ha don't you just love mothers sometimes? I am reconsidering the present I have got her for Sunday lol

I think it depends on your work colleagues and also on how much you have to loose i was even more overweight than i am now around 360lb and mine noticed after i lost a stone. My mum always tells me the truth and my grandma well she just grandma at 12 and correct weight she thought i needed to lose some lol. I guess the point im making is as long as you can tell and you feel happier then you know its working.

Back