when to stop

kaz1979

Hi I've been on exante a while now and have lost 3.5 stone still around 2 stone off the ideal weight for my height but people have been telling me to stop dieting because I'm looking ill in my face has anyone else had this? I still think I need to lose more but don't want to look ill x what do you guys think ? I've not wrote a lot of posts but I know your good at helping people with there dilemma s xx thanks in advance x

Maybe take a trip to your doctor and ask what they think. It could just be because you see these people a lot so they see a drastic change but those who don't know you wouldn't think you looked ill.

I agree that your BMI is a good guide, but if you think you look ill then ask someone who doesn't know you as they have no memory to compare you too. Or post a picture and we can give you an honest opinion.

Do you FEEL ill? If yes maybe have a break. If not then do you want to be thinner, if you do, keep going! :)

Thanks everyone I don't feel ill at all x I do want to be thinner and my bmi is 28 so I still need to lose more to be my ideal weight. Just with a few people saying it I got a little upset x

20131024_111621.jpg

Thanks again xx

Well you certainly don't look ill or gaunt on that pic IMO. You look healthy and not over weight. If you feel fine, are happy with your looks and want to keep going then do so. Others will adjust to your new look, it's probably just a shock if you have lost a lot of weight. Like when someone has a drastic change hair cut.

People say this stuff all the time.

Last year I lost weight with CD. I got down to 9 stone ish ( and incidentally have maintained for 14 months at 9 stone 5, so proof that you don't stack it all back on again! ) and often got ' oh you look so gaunt ' and ' oh it's really ageing you' which is obviously not nice to hear!

If you're in the middle of your BMI ( I use this as a guide ) then you're absolutely fine. Just keep going for now - you've nearly completed the journey so grit your teeth and get to a 'normal' weight - do it for your health and ignore what I believe in some cases to be jealousy

Ah yes jealousy and maybe also a lack of understanding.

If someone had told me before I understood LT that all they were living on was 3 shakes a day I'd be concerned. And also jealous of their will power and weight loss. I've been there before when I was feeling fat and ugly, my uniform was tight and I was working with this pretty blonde who was 5'10" ish, about 10 stone and really physically fit. She used to go on about how she "needed" to loose weight as she "was fat" and get below 9 stone (despite the fact she must have had loads of muscle weight there too). Standing next to her made me feel like an umpalumpa. Inferior as she was everything I wasn't.
I ended up being less than supportive when she told me she was loosing weight by eating just 1 yogurt a day and 1 slim fast shake. Yes part of me was concerned for her well being as I know that is not sufficient to maintain you being healthy for long, but part of me hated her for being able to stick to it and loosing so much weight so quickly.
I wanted her to fail so I knew she wasn't perfect as she was making me feel less than perfect.

Maybe this is what you are getting from others - jealousy as you are doing what they wish they could. Keep it up and don't let them put you off. I'm sure if you were raising any concerns amongst the professionals someone would say something when you went to collect your shakes. If they are happy for you to continue then carry on.

Thank you x you've made me feel a lot better x when your working really hard trying to lose weight and people say things like that it makes you wonder why your doing it x can't imagine anyone being jealous lol x gretagrip well done on your weight loss and staying there hope I can be where you are soon xx thanks again xxx

People might be jealous without you realising. Even if it's just your will power they envy. And don't put yourself down saying you can't imagine why as I've just seen your photo, you look great, so why wouldn't they feel a pang of jealousy that you are looking hot?

Back