when to stop??

Hi Fern, I think you have to feel happy with yourself. I started with 5 stone to lose too (I still have a long way to go), but if I am happy with myself at a higher weight than my target then I will stop. I have started going to the gym regularly too as I want to be toned and look healthy. Enjoy the gym and best of luck!
Tracy

hi their im new to slimming world , infact this is only my third day on the diet to be honest, but id like to loose 5 stone, maybe even more if things go well, may i ask how long it as taken you to lose so much-reading your story is so inspirational for me-i just cant wait to be in your possition-and could i ask you how many sins you would recommend having a day on your first week?
kindest reguards
laura x

Well done Fern!!! That is AMAZING!!!
You truly do have to get to where you want to be.
Personally, I know that at 11 stone I was a 12-14, so I want to get back to there first, and see how I feel. I have a vague target in my head of 10 stone, but I know that may well be unrealistic. I think I need to see how I go, and I will find the size I'm happy with when I get there.

Also, my lovely OH doesn't like skinny skinny girls, so he'll soon tell me I look ill if I lose too much. Also, my mother and my Nanny are very much pro me losing weight but they'll also tell me if I go too far. I have lots of support and honesty around me, which is great.

Good luck hun... I'd love to be a size 10... and you may find joining the gym ups your weight as you develop muscle.

Thanks emz.. :)

i really feel like i get so much from this forum.. its the sort of advise and support you just can't quite compare to the advise you get from those who'v never had a weight problem or truley understand the concept of trying to lose weight and the emogtional stuff that comes with!! i am very lucky that i have friends and family to support me.. but i often i feel a bit misunderstood when i get a bit stressed about food.. when im caught off guard or things go tits up.. and then i feel really unreasonable LOL .. it's nice having the support and advise from you lot, because i know your all thinking what i am ( within reason, i know im a lil crazy haha,) and i really appriciate the honesty i recieve back..

thanks everyone!

my induction in an hour.. im soo nervous LOL what do i wear :p and shall i take with me? just water, i assume il just be shown around etc and then left to my own devices!? *not the best thing to do with expensive equip lol.. il brake it!* x

Hi Fern,

It really sounds to me like you dont want to get any thinner, so perhaps you should now try to maintain your weight for a while. Keep up the exercise cos that will be so good for you. But I wouldn't worry about your target weight - it's just a number really, isn't it?

I've recently decided not to worry about the last pound or two to get to my target, cos I've realised I'm quite happy with the size and shape that I am now.

Good luck with whatever you decide xx

Huge congrats firstly!

Id go by a healthy bmi but also how comfy you feel in yourself, as those nhs sheets can be ridiculous, they put me between 8-12 stone for my height, 12 stone sounds fine but 8! Im almost 6 foot and at 8 stone Id look like the BFG!! All long and skinny!!

Go with how you feel x

Huge congrats firstly!

Id go by a healthy bmi but also how comfy you feel in yourself, as those nhs sheets can be ridiculous, they put me between 8-12 stone for my height, 12 stone sounds fine but 8! Im almost 6 foot and at 8 stone Id look like the BFG!! All long and skinny!!

Go with how you feel x

haha BFG, that made me giggle..

the bloke at the gym who did my indcution said he though i was in perfect poportion, as i was explaining where i wanted to go with it all, and that i was there to tone rather than loose more weight.. so that kind of re-afirmed it for me that i think getting to 4 and half stone and then maintaining will be the best for me at this moment in time...

xxx

Hi Fern,
What a star you are! Well done for your amazing weight loss.

As for setting a target, i reiterate what all the others have said - don't take any notice of the scales and the numbers, if you feel good and are happy with how you look, then that should be the target for you.

The BMI charts can be a little annoying to say the least - I am 5ft 4 and 10stone and my BMI is only JUST in the healthy range (24.something) so really I should lose another half stone. If I did (and I would like to but can't be bothered to work hard again!) then I think i would be a bit scrawny on the top half and curvy bottom half would look out of proportion.
I had a bit of a battle like you are having and decided at 10stone that I was happy with how I looked and felt so called that my target.

Do what feels best for you. You have done so well.
Jay xx

Back