When youknow youa re ready for RTM

Well my WI confirmed tonight that I've had a slow week, just 1lb gone but oh well, still 1lb down in the right direction.

Decided to stick it out until Easter half term - that's 6 weeks.
My average loss lately has been 3lbs a week, so when the 6 weeks are up I should pretty much be where I want to be.

It's not going to be easy, but then what is?

I know what you mean EmVeg, this past week or so I have been feeling the exact same way. I know that I want to lose at least another stone, but every second of the day it just feels like my body is saying "I've had enough of this" and it's getting very, very hard to ignore it, to the point where I am fighting myself all the time, not over wanting to eat food, but my body telling me it really needs me to.

I spent most of yesterday shivering, feeling cramps in my stomach and being extremely light-headed. OK, it could well be that I'm actually not well and nothing to do with the VLCD, but I'm pretty sure that it is.

I'm going to do my best to ignore it and perservere for the next 7 days at least, as I've heard many times that 'the last stone is the hardest' and so on, but if I'm still feeling the same way this time next week than I think I am going to ask to move to RTM and get that last bit off during that with proper exercise etc. that I just can't manage to do with only having the packs lately.

I hate to say it Pete - but it could be your head playing tricks with you, as you just ate recently - no fault of your own, etc, but that could trigger crooked thinking....your mind is very powerful, and can convince one of just about anything it wants us to believe.....

Just some food for thought. :)

hmm very interesting posts guys.

I think what BL says makes sense, i too like many others are now preparing for RTM, in fact come thursday i will be in RTM mode. But as i get closer i know i can hear myself saying ok enough now its time to stop and get ready for management.

I plan to actually reduce the management too and go with the condensed version which is as follows.

do weeks 1 - 3 normally

4 - 5 condensed (so half the week for 4 and the second half for 5)

6-7 condensed as above

8 - 12 normal

Its perfectly fine apparently as another poster on the forums mentioned too, the important week at he start and end include triggers so you cannot miss them or reduce them, the ones in the middle you can.

So have faith if you are struggling, the light is starting to appear now at the end of that long winding tunnel.

Back