where can I find thjs recipes

Hi donna, I love this cake but...... my consultant gets a bit ratty with me when I mention this. She said when cous cous is free, it is to be eaten as part of a meal and not as an "extra" eg in a cake. I think the cake is something like 6 syns or so and you could eat the whole cake within your daily allowance, but the amount of calories consumed is a lot.

I don't mean to put a downer on this but if your consultant is anything like mine then don't mention it!!!

You can also make a lemon chick pea cake too by mashing the chick peas but she has the same response to that one!!

Hi donna, I love this cake but...... my consultant gets a bit ratty with me when I mention this. She said when cous cous is free, it is to be eaten as part of a meal and not as an "extra" eg in a cake. I think the cake is something like 6 syns or so and you could eat the whole cake within your daily allowance, but the amount of calories consumed is a lot.

I don't mean to put a downer on this but if your consultant is anything like mine then don't mention it!!!

You can also make a lemon chick pea cake too by mashing the chick peas but she has the same response to that one!!

Do you still make and eat it and lose?

I make it sometimes on a weekend and share it but I wouldn't do it routinely. I can't just have one slice you see.........

If it doesn't affect your weight loss then I wouldn't worry but the "official" SW line is don't do it!! (well, at my class anyway and I wouldn't argue with my consultant!!!)

For the lemon cous cous cake? I remeber havinig it when a friend was on SW, and I loved it!

If you go to the recipes thread at the top and go in puddings you will find cous cous cake on page 3, hope this helps.

Now our consultant is great and advises to have the cous cous cake (within moderation of course!) rather than the chocolate or crisp!

I love it too and usually make 2 a week, even dh and the kids like it!

In the past it never affected my weight loss but then this is my first week of re-join and I have made one cake (eaten over a few days!) so will see!

If you need the recipe, let me know, I will dig it our when I get home!

Back