where can I find thjs recipes

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Dietingdon, 28 January 2009 Social URL.

1. Dietingdon

Dietingdon Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st6lb
    Current Weight:
    21st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    For the lemon cous cous cake? I remeber havinig it when a friend was on SW, and I loved it!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

Hi donna, I love this cake but...... my consultant gets a bit ratty with me when I mention this. She said when cous cous is free, it is to be eaten as part of a meal and not as an "extra" eg in a cake. I think the cake is something like 6 syns or so and you could eat the whole cake within your daily allowance, but the amount of calories consumed is a lot.

I don't mean to put a downer on this but if your consultant is anything like mine then don't mention it!!!

You can also make a lemon chick pea cake too by mashing the chick peas but she has the same response to that one!!

4. Dietingdon

Dietingdon Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st6lb
    Current Weight:
    21st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world

Do you still make and eat it and lose?

5. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

I make it sometimes on a weekend and share it but I wouldn't do it routinely. I can't just have one slice you see.........

If it doesn't affect your weight loss then I wouldn't worry but the "official" SW line is don't do it!! (well, at my class anyway and I wouldn't argue with my consultant!!!)

6. Tina T

Tina T Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st13lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st12lb(30.49%)
    Diet:
    sw

If you go to the recipes thread at the top and go in puddings you will find cous cous cake on page 3, hope this helps.

7. raquelscatt

raquelscatt Full Member

Now our consultant is great and advises to have the cous cous cake (within moderation of course!) rather than the chocolate or crisp!

I love it too and usually make 2 a week, even dh and the kids like it!

In the past it never affected my weight loss but then this is my first week of re-join and I have made one cake (eaten over a few days!) so will see!

If you need the recipe, let me know, I will dig it our when I get home!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.