Where do I start?!!!

Curvy_Chicken

I joined minimins 2 years ago when I was a wreck. I weighed 14 stone and 5 pounds back then. I was scared of dieting, terrified mainly of failure. And I was painfully self conscious. Exercise, aside from walking was not an option for me back then, I did not want to be seen.

Having never dieted before I wasn't sure where to begin, but I knew I wanted to follow some kind of diet that promoted healthy eating habits and wouldn't leave me hungry all the time. I discovered the GI Diet which seemed ideal to me as it had loads of choice and if followed correctly you would not get hungry.

So I took the plunge and dieted for the first time in my life and dieted. I set myself a target weight of 9 stone. By April/May 2007 I weighed 11 stone and 13 pounds and then I hit the dieting plateau. Between then and now my weight has fluctuated between that lowest weight and 12 stone 11 pounds - I seem to have stabilised around 12 stone 6 pounds.

Whilst I had been following the GI Diet, I had in the main excluded all sweet foods, the GI Diet does not promote giving up all sweet things, it very much encourages you to substitute them with a healthy alternative. Unfortunately by excluding everything sugary and naughty, I developed a bad habit. Feeling fed up of being unable to lose any more weight I started to eat sweet things again, but not as I had used to. Rather than a twix a day, I started bingeing.

And then a cycle started, I would get the bingeing under control, lose a few pounds and then I would snap, a tub of ben and jerrys later I would think why not just carry on? This went on for a year.

However despite difficult times with my eating habits, I was still 2 stone lighter than I used to be and my confidence had grown a bit… I started going to a yoga class and aqua aerobics with some friends. I felt okay exercising with my friends and eager to do more, but was not confident enough to do it on my own.

In April my lovely boyfriend got me a wonderful birthday gift :) he told me that for my birthday he would pay for me to have hypnotherapy - something I had always wanted to try! He also found a great local hypnotherapist, who offered a range of treatments (inc weight loss) and past life regression - I could try/do whatever I wanted. As much as I would love to try past life regression, the weight loss treatment won me over. This was a chance to correct my damaged relationship with sugar and to give me confidence to exercise alone.

I don't fully understand how it works, nor do I care, but hypnotherapy changed my life. I am now a regular gym goer (all by myself!) and I haven't touched a cake/choc/icecream in over three months and nor do I want to (long story but cakes etc now make me think of slugs). I enjoy my food and love fruit big time!

Despite all of these changes I am still not losing weight! The problem is that I now eat very healthily but I'm not sure how many cals I eat and although I do exercise, it can be sporadic, as I am still adapting to my new more active lifestyle!

So anyway I am back here and I am determined to lose more weight, I really want to get to my goal of 9 stone. I am planning to stick to the GI Diet principles but calorie count. I've signed up to food focus to help me track me calories.
I am not really sure what else I can do…

Does anyone here have any advice on how you can make this work for you second time around?

Have missed here, should not have stayed away so long!

Luv Curvy Chicken xx xx xx

Hey CC,

I also went to hypnotherapy, haven't jumped on the scales in over 8 months!!!

I also hit the exercise and healthy eating and the plateau, I dropped my cals back to 1000 - 1100 a day (I know people it was low!) and dropped 7 kilos in 8 weeks and kept it off! for about 2.5 year and then work took over and my dad died.

Anyways I drank 2 ltrs of water a day, 5 days of exercise (1hr) and started eating at 7.30 am and finished at 7.30 pm and ate every 2 or 2.5 hours so a total of 3 meals and 4 snacks

TYPICAL DAY;
muesli and yoghurt (breakfast)
coffee and apple
soup or salad (lunch
banana/nuts
tea/coffee + low cal museli bar
280 - 330 cal dinner
low fat hot choc or herbal tea and low fat biscuit/peice of fruit

Hope this gives your some inspiration!!
Bren

Hang in there and you will make it. We all will!
XX

Thanks Bren, that is helpful!

A while back I tinkered the RC plan diet as it was supposed to be low gi, but when I got my plan I knew it wasn't really! Anyway one helpful tip I did pick up was to start a diet on 1200 cals for the first 2 weeks and then move up to 1500 cals a day. I don't mind if the weight comes off slowly just as long as it goes!

Thanks also for the timing and snack tips - I think I need to sit down and make a plan...

Hugs xx xx xx

Plans are great and I found even if my mind started to tell me that i was hungry I knew that the next snack wasnt far away and and occupied myself! My worst time is in the arvo that's why I had 2 snacks.

these are my old times;
b - 7.30
ms - 10.30 or 11.00
l - 12.30 or 1.00
as - 3.00
as - 4.30
d - 6.30
es - 7.30

Keep in touch!

Bren

X

Back