Where do you fit in your HEX's?

Inspire me please.

I'm fed up of having a cheese pita, or veg and cheese omlette and then trying to fit the HEX B in somewhere throughout the day.

Why not have an extra portion of cheese? Hifi bar with a cuppa, ryvita minis as a snack etc.

I'm doing EE, and I thought you had to have one HEX a, and one HEX b? I'm a cheese fiend, so the cheese is not usually a problem fitting in, but the HEX b, I struggle with a bit more. Could I really swap it for another HEX a?

Yeah on ee it's on hexa and one hexb

I have hifi bars for hexb,or you could have other cereal bars or ryvitas or sandwich or banana or eggs on toast, a bacon buttie? A wholemeal bap for a burger?

Hexa I have cheese added to my meals! I love cheese do it's not hard for me.... Sometimes use my hexa for milk to cook with ...

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

I either have my hexa&b for either breakfast or supper.

I have either, cereal, bread, ryvita's or cereal bar. There are so many cereals to chose from I never get board & I usually add fruit to the cereal.

I always have cheese for hexa as I don't really like milk.

Have you thought of searching the threads for what people have for breakfast/lunch/dinner for ideas?

if you're struggling to use your HEB - how about cooked, dried or tinned fruit, or ready made soup - it doesn't have to be bread

And in answer to your other question, no sorry, you can't swap a 'B' choice for an 'A' choice... sorry

Ooops, sorry. I only do green days & didn't realise you could swap for extra cheese. You can on green days.

Have another look at the HEB list - there is so much to choose from there really is not excuse not to have it. Make a concious effort to choose your HEb over free food. What do you have for breakfast? That's when most people would use it eg for cereal or porridge. Or Just use a tbsp of extra virgin olive oil when cooking and you are sorted.

I usually end up synning more HEBs lol. Chocolate weetabix is my fave! Poached egg on toast. Often I have one of my Bs for breakfast, then have bread to dip in soup at lunch. Or I have a toastie for lunch. Or cereal bar as snack/pudding. The chocolate ones feel like your having a chocolate bar! Other thing is, olive oil one tbsp is a B choice, so you could use that instead of fry light for a meal to add nutrients/taste. I sometimes use tbsp olive oil for a stirfry for a HEB as I find it cooks a stir fry better and tastes better. Or you could make home made pesto for a salad/pasta etc, and use a tbsp olive oil per portion for that, since the best pesto has olive oil

I tend to use my B's on Alpen light bars so I get a sweet treat during the day.

A's can be trickier if I'm not having a meal that lends itself to cheese, as I don't have milk in my tea.

Today, for a snack, I have slices of ham spread with Philly light and rolled up - it's delish!

I tend to use my HEBs for breakfast and cereal bars - I often have either toast or cereal (weetabix crunchy bran, usually) for breakfast, and then a cereal bar later in the day :)

I always have my hexs for breakfast. So it's usually 250ml milk either drunk with 2 alpen lights or with 2 weetabix. Or I will have 71g philly light, which i can use throughout the day, so some on 2 slices nimble (my hex b those days) with marmite, then I can use whats left on a jacket spud, in place of butter in mash or anyhow I like really!

You could use your HexB choice for soup maybe now that the colder weather is coming? There are a lot of choices in your book, it doesn't just need to be bread or cereal! Maybe you could post a rough food diary and we can have a look and see how you could fit something in :) xx

My leader said that you dont have to use the HEX's, it's up to you if ypu want them!

My leader said that you dont have to use the HEX's, it's up to you if ypu want them!

you are advised that you should eat them as they will give you the best balanced diet you can get. you don't have to have them but you really should try and put them into your daily routine to make sure you have the best weight loss!!

xx

ive got the opposite problem. Im finding it hard to have the A choice because i dont really eat cheese or eat cereal for breakfast to have the milk. I dont drink tea or coffee either to put milk in

I eat yoghurts so im getting some dairy in.

I love the alpen light chocolate fudge bars. Satisfies my sweet craving. Saves you using syns too

weenic1984 said:
ive got the opposite problem. Im finding it hard to have the A choice because i dont really eat cheese or eat cereal for breakfast to have the milk. I dont drink tea or coffee either to put milk in

I eat yoghurts so im getting some dairy in.

I love the alpen light chocolate fudge bars. Satisfies my sweet craving. Saves you using syns too

Hot chocolate! 250ml of SS with 3tsp of green and black's (1.5 syns) stirred through, delicious!

Back