where have you lost weight from

nikkinakkinoo

hi,

ive been doing SW for 12 weeks and have lost 12.5 LBS so far and hopefully will get my stone award this wed at WI.

My question is, have you lost weight in one particular area or all over?

The reason i ask is i dont think i look any slimmer and really want to lose weight off my chest area, (im a bridesmaid in aug and i cant fasten the dress due to my 36J boobs.

Just wanted to know really as im still wearing same size clothes and they look fine on me.

Thanks

Hi nikkinakkinoo, love the name BTW.

No one noticed my weightloss until I had lost about 20lbs.
I was really annoyed for ages but now I am quite happy because the weight has been coming off all over and quite evenly.

Are you clothes looser? have you measured yourself?

It will start to show, you may not be able to notice but I'm sure others will.

My BF hasn't said much about my weight loss but I took a pic of myself at my start weight and then took one last week and compared them, and the difference is amazing.

The thing is aswell is you see yourself everyday and so it will take something like a before and after pic or looking at how your clothes are fitting for you to realise.

Oh and WELL DONE on your loss so far..... you are doing great :D

hi

Thanks for the reply. I didnt measure myself as in inches so I guess I dont know where im losing it from. It must be going from somewhere.

I guess its always nice when someone says "Oooh havent you lost weight?" as it spurs you on.

Also congratulations on your weight loss.....

i think i have lost it all my from bum! my jeans are v saggy in the bottom region now....only thing is, i didnt mind my bum as it was! wanted to lose off my tummy!

Face, arms and sadly boobs. It was when I got my stone that most people started to comment. I wish I'd measured though.
Maybe try on some closthes that have always been tight on you to see? 12.5lb is loads, sometimes we're just too hard on ourselves.

My legs, I think.....which weren't too bad to begin with (Typical!) But I'm trying to accept that the weight will come off from other places slowly too. Looking at the Before and After photos is quite inspiring, I think.

I've become addicted to Zumba as well as Sw and have gone down 3 jean sizes and 2 top sizes!

I'm not anywhere near my target but folk are noticing....for me, its my waist, I actually have one!!! :D Inches rather than lbs seem to be happening more :flirt2:

Hey i have lost 11lbs in the month since I joined and dont feel any different but today i got the tape measure out and have lost 3 inches from my waist and 1 from my chest (whoopa!). Get the tape measure out as it does not lie!

I've lost most from my legs and bum area and a little off my tummy - I had been doing a lot of walking when I started SW (I was training for the London Moonwalk) and I think that it helped to decide where the weight was going to come off! I definately think exercise makes a big difference to where it goes!

I initially lost my weight very quickly at the start, 3 stone in 4 months in time for my brothers wedding, i dropped 3 dress sizes, and as i was going to the gym 6 days a week, the weight went off everywhere, especially my legs & stomach. I have maintained my 3 stone weight loss since then and i am now back to lose the last 2 stone.

People started commenting around 1 stone for me, but to be honest, people started commenting that there was something different about me apart from weight loss at my brothers wedding, and thats when i realised i had gained so much confidence & was carrying myself differently & better posture etc so people noticed that about me too.

Attached are two photos, the first where i had a fringe i was 15, 11.5lbs on my 25th birthday, second is my brothers wedding where i was 12, 11.5lbs, 3 stone weight loss. Hope this helps x

Attachments

• 34502_143883235623108_100000042963930_408914_2116978_n.jpg
    34502_143883235623108_100000042963930_408914_2116978_n.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 137
  • 182687_1768268160487_1052672669_31988605_1896308_n.jpg
    182687_1768268160487_1052672669_31988605_1896308_n.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 144
So far a tiny bit off my boobs (where im desperate to loose from as im a 38G )

ive also lost a bit off my thighs and my bum... two places which were not actually all that big

I've just hit 3 stone and it has come off from all over. I can feel it off my tummy, hips, bum, legs, back and strangely noticed my forearms are thinner this week.

I've lost from my shoulders and ribcage and boobs :( a little from my waist, enough that my trousers fall down my tops slip off my shoulders and I get loads of Body magic yanking my top, and pulling my trousers up just trying to stay decent! lol

Oh Shirleen - I so feel your pain. When I stand up, my jeans cup under my pouch to frame it cos my waist has shrunk. When I sit down, I've got that lovely builders bum effect and now my lovely summer boob tube is sliding down from my chest.
But my ass and thighs are unchanged, so not down a dress size yet - two stone in!

TMI time: I just want to know why my jeans slip down, but my knickers don't?!!! Surely they should fall together - missing out the "flossing" effect I suffer at the mo????! Anyoneelse???!

I have no idea, but the other day I was wearing crop trousers with elasticated waist, and my usual big knickers, I didn't notice that my trousers were falling down until I found it tricky to walk!
Oh and some of my knickers roll down from the waist and it's only the legs that keep it up, so I end up wearing knicks inside out AND upside down!!!!

I am going to get arrested one day soon lol!

@ Ilovecake, you must really feel the difference, what a great loss! Have you been regularly measuring yourself? I figured i'd do it every stone, and hopefully see some progress in the inch department!

Sheepy, embarrasing pic coming up, I still have loads to lose but this is what 3 stone has meant to me!

Last edited:
Back