Where the bargains are at and anything else thats useful.

Asda have got loads of household stuff on offer at the moment, but also carrots and broccoli at 50p each.
Muller lights are £2 for a 6 pack or they've got 10 for £4.
And laughing cow is still on offer at 50p too.

I brought some lovely little fruit pack things from asda yesterday there in the fresh fruit section and are aimed at children but are lovely. There little bags of either grapes/apple slices/carrot battons/a big slice of pineapple or 2 wedges of watermelon they are gorgeous and are £1.50 for five bags..lovely!!!!

Morrisons

Eat smart cheese (deli counter) £2.80 something for 1 KG!!
Tidla rice pouches 65p
king edward potatoes £1
kelloggs fibre plus £1.83 bogof
sharwoods noodles 63p
green giant corn on the cobs (frozen x5) £1
batchelors condensed soup 37p
kiwis (6 or 8 can't remember!) 75p
mango 50p each
ainsley harriott cuppa soup 91p b2g2f

are morrisons generally as cheap as tesco and asda?

there's one about the same distance from me as the other 2 but in the "wrong" direction so I never go there.. might be worth a look..

I've only been online with asda & tesco. But i find morrisons about the same or a little bit cheaper BUT they have fantastic deals on & if i had a choice i'd always shop at morrisons. I just wish they would do online shopping!

round up of some offers from the mysupermarket website..

Sainsburys

Hellmans LTL mayo (squeezy bottle) - £1.17 (25/1/11)
Actimel 0.1% Fat Original Yogurt Drink (12x100g) - £1.99 ( 8/2/11)
The Laughing Cow Light Cheese Spread Triangles (16 per pack - 280g) - £1.00 (8/2/11)
I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Light Spread (500g) - 62p (24/1/11)
Bachelors "slim a soup" various flavours - 2 for £1.00 (25/1/11)

Asda

Quorn Mince (300g) - £1.00
Quorn Chicken Style Pieces (300g) - £1.00
Quorn Surprisingly Succulent Sausages (250g) - £1.00
Quorn Cumberland Sausages (5 per pack - 250g) - £1.00
Quorn Beef Style & Red Onion Burgers (2 per pack - 160g) - £1.00
Princes Mackerel Fillets in a Spicy Tomato Sauce (125g) - 2 for £1.00
Princes Mackerel Fillets in Tomato Sauce (125g) - 2 for £1.00
Princes Tuna Chunks in Brine (4x185g) - £3.00
Duracell Plus Batteries AA (8) ( and AAA ) - 2 for £5.00 ( not food but worth a mention I thought.. )

Tesco

Tesco Selected Potatoes (7.5Kg) - £1.99 (23/1/11)
Muller Light 6 pack - £1.48 (23/1/11)

Holland and Barrett doing BOGO half price. I bought Israeli cous cous as I can only get regular cous cous in the supermarket but noticed they also had Scan Bread on BOGO half price too.

Omg I've got to go and see if our local one has them! 10p is amazing, out of date or not!! Is it legal to sell out of date things though?!x

Yes it is - the best before date is only an indicator that foods may not be as high quality after that date. it is different to the use date which says that food is not safe to eat after that date. Shops are not allowed to sell foods after the use by date.

I love going into my local Co-op in the evenings as they always have some reduced fruit & veg. I tend to pick up the veg though so I can make up a soup and also treat my guinea pig Reggie to some too :D
Bargains though, like a whole head of brocolli for 10p.
Also buy the bread/bread rolls which they tend to drop to around 20p and I just freeze them. xxx

Hi, i agree the co-op is the best place for reductions at the moment. I tend to go in on a sunday afternoon and find a load of uncooked chicken portions reduced right down to 50p for 2 breasts or packet of diced chicken. Its just perdect for rebagging and chucking in the freezer. I gives me a buzz when I get a bargain.

morrisons vegetable "stew pack", half price... = 75p..
12 pack mixed variety activia yogurts ( FF as well as regular ) = £2.00 ( small 125g pots not snack pots.. )

Back