where to buy Tofu?

EstherH

Hi there

does anyone know where to buy tofu from? I have eaten it before and like the taste. There are lots of recipes out there but when I searched in Tescos last time, I couldn't find it.

Any suggestions, please? :rolleyes:

I usually get mine from Tesco, but I think only the big Tesco stores sell it.

In Tesco the fresh tofu is usually put in with the quorn section and the small cartooned tofu (hard to find on the shelves!) is in the "Ethnic" aisle! the same seems to go for other supermarkets. otherwise there are chinese supermarkets which sell them. :)

Cauldron Plain Tofu was on half price at Morrison's last week - not sure if the offer is still on but it was 54p a pack and was with all the chilled quorn stuff.

I could only find tofu at holland and barrett in the fridge section, it was made by cauldren foods i think. Hope you find it!

Yeah. Usually in the cold section with the veggie stuff....like the ready made meals section. Can sometimes find Silken tofu in the ethnic isle. Tofu....yum...

grilled. delish! :)

Last night I made tofu and vegetable burgers for an old SW magazine recipe, using my brand new lakeland burger maker.

Burgers were :yuk:
Burger maker was :censored:. They fell apart in the pan or as soon as I tried to turn them. it will be going back for a refund!

Thanks everyone for the advice! I'll head to Morrisons, see if I still can grab a bargain! We'll have stir fry tonight, that should go well :D

Back