Whey protein

Jeniferous

Hi - I usually have a protein shake (low carb) after a workout but I've run out. I've tried the usual places to buy more but now it's vatable it's really expensive. Anyone spotted any on the cheap?

Dr d doesn't like protein shakes at all!! That's my only advice I'm afraid x

I don't think he likes them as meal replacements but my shake is in addition to my meals and is just to get protein in during the golden 30 minutes post weight training. They are low carb and sugar free so I can't see why they would be a problem if I could afford them! :)

I think that the only reason he doesn't like them is thy you're not re training yourself to eat healthily if you use them as meal replacements. If its the carb free and sugar free version they should be ok for post work out and even the odd meal replacement if nothing else is available ( even he has said that before in one of the web chats that I saw). There were some in e bay that were a lot cheaper than Holland an Barrett etc but you would need to independently check the nutrition details rather then trust an e bay seller I think.

I usually use nectar its carb free and juice style rather than milky.

Not a bad option if you can't grab a tub of cottage cheese post workout!

Back