Which diet is best, Slimming World or Weight Watchers?

I've done both at random times of my life but can't decide. I did Weight Watchers with the new points system but didn't really lose anything as I wasn't trying very hard, with the old points system I got down to my target weight, the same with Slimming World - well with Slimming World I actually got way below my target weight but that was before I gave up smoking and I used to smoke instead of snack back then. Now, I have just had a baby and want to get my weight back down but I don't have the cigarettes to suppress my appetite this time so which is best? From my experience of doing both, it seems that WW is better if you don't want to cook, but SW is better if you want to cook. So what is your opinion and why? Which do you find easier to follow? I've been trying to do the SW diet for a few weeks now but don't seem to be losing anything!

Well, I've done both. In my humble opinion, go for SW.
The range of food is fantastic.
Personally, I'm never hungry. Always was on WW.
You should be cooking. You've got a child to bring up and nourish properly, for goodness sake!
I used to smoke. I don't think they suppress your appetite - it's just that you can't eat if you've got a fag in your mouth!!!
It's up to you, but I feel that SW is a more sustainable way of eating.
Good luck which ever diet you choose.

Ive also done both on and off over the past two years along with Rosemary Conley for ten. With SW I lost pretty quick the first few weeks but then got bored. I find it very samey and sometimes when you havent got time to cook its hard. I also dont think it teaches you portion control. If you hate weighing everything id stay clear of WW but I find SW restrictive. They call them 'syns' and to me a syn/ sin is something bad. On WW if you really want a kfc you can have one, thats what your weekly points are for. Whereas with SW you can have a couple of pieces of chicken then if you go over syns its seen as a 'bad' thing. On WW no food is seen as bad. You can have what you want in modration. Im a snacker so WW is ideal for me. I just make sure if I have a bag of crisps my next snack is fruit. You can also earn extra food points for exercise which is brilliant in my opinion. Ive lost 2 stone in 10 weeks on WW and Ive not missed out on anything and, the biggest shock to me, im nowhere near bored yet!! But ultimately you need to find the one that works best for you and one you can maintain. X

Sent from my GT-S5830 using MiniMins

Also I cook quite often and because I work shifts I make things in batches. I just find WW easier for the days where you dont have time to cook from scratch. In an ideal world of course we'd cook every meal ourselves but sometimes this isnt practical x

Sent from my GT-S5830 using MiniMins

Back