Which diet please help

looby lou

Hi everyone I've just looked at this forum and think everyone is doing fantastically I need to lose about 8 stone, I just stopped Lighter life as I was feeling really ill and with a toddler to look after its not a good idea, although I did Lighter Life in 2006 and lost 6 stone so i do think its fab but I need to do a new diet to lose weight as it is really getting me down and stopping me from being who I used to be please helkp any suggestions would be greatr thank you
lindsey

Hello there,

We all know that CD and LL work (LT and W8 as well..) but we also know they are not for everyone. Have you thought about Low GL, Low Gi or maybe Atkins? There is information on all these on this board as well. I know that one of our successfull ladies, her name is Dancing, has just switched to Atkins (allthough I think more for maintanance) and I'm sure you will be able to have all your questions answered. (hope this is right Dancing, if not please forgive me)
Also, have a look for Porgeous, she's lost a phenomenal amount and looks stunning now but it was either SW or WW (sorry Gorgeous, can't remember..)

If your head is in the right place and you are determined you will do it. Take some time to find the right plan for you and ask any questions on this board and you will get an answer.

Good luck with you journey and keep us posted..

xxx

I believe Porgeous is a CDer. I am on Slimming World which I love as it is so flexible. If you can't sit down to 3 meals a day and don't want to have to weight, measure and count everything you eat then it is ideal.

thank you all i will definitely look on here at some of the diets you have mentioned my sis in law just gave me a diet sheet that they use in hospitals for obese people who need an op so may try that I get married in 6 weeks and its scaring me
thank you for your replies i really appreciate it
lindsey

Choosing a diet is a very hard decision. There are lots of factors.
You need to decide what you want from a diet and how much you can dedicate yourself to it.
Abstinence diets are great, except if you have small children as you identified.
There are food plans like WW and SW, and these are effective but the loss rate is reduced.
At the end of the day, if you are ready and willing to commit to a weight loss plan then whatever method you choose you can make work for you.

Good luck!

It really depends what kind of diet you think you could do. VLCDs are fantastic for fast results but theyre not for everyone. If you think you could totally cut out food why not try CD.

If youd rather have something which allows you to eat 'normally' Id totally recommend WW, as far as Im concerned its THE best diet in the world ;)

Thank you I will keep you all updated with my loss Im going to try the 3 day diet first to try and shift some quickly before my wedding then I will lost probably join my local ww
Thank you again
Lindsey

Isn't the three day diet the mayo clinic one? Not sure - could well be the cabbage soup one! My Mum is the world authority on quick diets.

xxx

I tried the cabbage soup one and it was disgusting.

Quick fixes aren't the way to go

If you want to lose weight and keep it off, fast diets that leave you hungry will never work. They aren't something that you can keep up for very long and as soon as you start eating again you'll put it all back on. You need something like SW or WW that you can still enjoy food with. That way it's more of a lifestyle change then a diet - and much easier to keep the weight off.

I'm on slimming world myself and have lost 12lbs in just under 4 weeks. Finding it fairly easy to do as you can eat home made chips and quorn burgers and still lose weight. You feel like you're being naughty - when actually you're being good. :)

Annika
xxx

I've been on slimming world 3 weeks and have lost 10 pounds. Last time I did weightwatchers I didn't lose it this quick. It makes you choose healthy food but you don't have to weigh stuff and you can eat lots if you're hungry. I'm hoping that as I don't feel deprived I won't give up like I have done in the past.

thank you

Thanks guys I appreciate the advice I need a quick fix thing though as my wedding day is in 6 weeks and I need to get a few stone off - never gonna happen but will start slimmin world when I get back from New York from the wedding
I will keep you posted on my weight loss
xx

If you want to lose weight and keep it off, fast diets that leave you hungry will never work. They aren't something that you can keep up for very long and as soon as you start eating again you'll put it all back on. You need something like SW or WW that you can still enjoy food with. That way it's more of a lifestyle change then a diet - and much easier to keep the weight off.
Annika
xxx

Sorry Annika I have to disagree. While Im on WW and would recommend it to anyone there are lots of people on Minimins who have lost a substantial amount of weight on a 'fast diet' and have very successfully kept it off. VLCDs are great for a fast loss but theyre not for everyone. I wouldnt last a day on one. But like any diet they work if you stick to them and you can maintain your weight loss if you follow their maintenance plans.

I know thanks starlight, cant seem to stick to LL, and CD is pretty much the same
Ive had so many attempts at LL its getting ridiculous I lost 9.6lb on the 3 day diet and will do this till the wedding then definitely SL or WW
thank you

I know thanks starlight, cant seem to stick to LL, and CD is pretty much the same
Ive had so many attempts at LL its getting ridiculous I lost 9.6lb on the 3 day diet and will do this till the wedding then definitely SL or WW
thank you

Least you tried them ;) I know theres no way I could do them, I keep wavering when Im having a slow month but know WW is the only way for me.

Youve got off to a flying start. Good luck with things :)

Back