Which Diet?!

I am currently doing WeightWatchers ProPoints, its ok, I lost 7lb in my first week, but ive yo yo'd since as Ive kinda lost my mojo so to speak.

The problem is, Ive done pretty much all of these diets on here and it gets the same, I lose a couple of stone and then fall off the rails, stop going and put on more weigh than before.

Ive dieted since the age of 14 (Im now 27). I was always the bigger girl at school and chunky from a young age.

Ive done in no particular order:
Slimming Magazine Club
Weightwatchers (at least 5 seperate times)
Slimming World
Cambridge Diet
Lighter Life
Slimfast
Atkins

The meal replacement ones are harder as I grew to dislike the milkshakes/soup and gagged at the taste of them which threw me off the diet. I lost the most weight with those which helped mentally as I have alot to lose.

I just feel overwhelmed at all of these diets and still Im bigger than Ive ever been.

I think im happy on weightwatchers but then I emotionally eat (which I track after) and become guilty and then eventually fall off. I know its my own doing.

Im pretty much just having a moan or letting off steam, I feel better for it on here as I know Im not alone. I do think that because I have failed these diets before that Im prone to do it again and again, possibly sabourtarging my own success.

Have you thought of GI. You can eat lots but without counting calories or points. It may suit you. I am back on it after stupidly trying Dukan which just did not suit me!

Whats Dukan?

Yeh GI, I need to read up on it. I know what you mean about constantly thinking about food and points, it makes me think about food even more and makes me want it more!? I just want to have dinner without cooking it all from scratch or giving myself a headache adding points together. Thanks :)

I think that instead of switching plans again - you already know that doesn't work - you need to think about why you've failed on the other plans and come up with a strategy for making sure it doesn't happen again. Unless you tackly the root problem I don't think you'll succeed at any plan, you'll just repeat history over and and over again.

I've given up on the structured diets and just calorie count now. It seems to be the simplest way!!! Less calorie in than used and bingo....Weight loss!!! More calories in than used and bummer.... Weight gain!!

I got sick of doing a few months of WW/SW/whatever else caught my fancy......then being too shamefaced to go back when it all went pear shaped!! And I resent paying to essentially get weighed when I've got perfectly good scales!! The science is very simple. Don't eat rubbish and move your butt more. I already know this and I'm not paying someone to tell me anymore!!!
CC is free to join lol and hopefully when I get to goal I can turn it into a healthy eating kinda thing for maintaining? Yes i still fall spectacularly off the wagon sometimes but at least climbing back on is done in private lol
I've just had to accept that I'm an a**hole around food an I'll be watching what I eat for many years to come!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm doing Cambridge diet, well.. lol I have been on it one day and starting to remember why I fell off the wagon last time! I feel like a failure. I hate myself for needing food so much. I am the same as you, tried all these diets and just feels like im getting no where. It is obvious that less calories/food and more exercise + weight loss but I know its not that simple. Its all about getting around and actually doing it. I had such motivation for this diet and I feel like im giving up already and ruiening it all already! So frustrated! I just want to lose weight xx

I am currently doing WeightWatchers ProPoints, its ok, I lost 7lb in my first week, but ive yo yo'd since as Ive kinda lost my mojo so to speak.

The problem is, Ive done pretty much all of these diets on here and it gets the same, I lose a couple of stone and then fall off the rails, stop going and put on more weigh than before.

Ive dieted since the age of 14 (Im now 27). I was always the bigger girl at school and chunky from a young age.

Ive done in no particular order:
Slimming Magazine Club
Weightwatchers (at least 5 seperate times)
Slimming World
Cambridge Diet
Lighter Life
Slimfast
Atkins

The meal replacement ones are harder as I grew to dislike the milkshakes/soup and gagged at the taste of them which threw me off the diet. I lost the most weight with those which helped mentally as I have alot to lose.

I just feel overwhelmed at all of these diets and still Im bigger than Ive ever been.

I think im happy on weightwatchers but then I emotionally eat (which I track after) and become guilty and then eventually fall off. I know its my own doing.

Im pretty much just having a moan or letting off steam, I feel better for it on here as I know Im not alone. I do think that because I have failed these diets before that Im prone to do it again and again, possibly sabourtarging my own success.

Hi, do you feel any better after writing that? I so know what you mean, I have had a weight problem since very young
and I dunno how to shake it off...just wish I didn't think of food til I was hungry lol.

I feel like I am going around in circles.

I think that instead of switching plans again - you already know that doesn't work - you need to think about why you've failed on the other plans and come up with a strategy for making sure it doesn't happen again. Unless you tackly the root problem I don't think you'll succeed at any plan, you'll just repeat history over and and over again.

I COMPLETELY agree with this. I'm not sure if any diet will work for you until you get to the root of the problem. It's also not just about what food you eat - it's your relationship with food, and trying to become more active with your lifestyle. At the end of the day, it's just the simple equasion of more calories out than calories in.

Circes and Cherry Pie are right. If you haven't succeeded on so many different diet plans then you need to question why. Is there any chance you could get some counselling on the nhs? There are a few books that deal with emotional eating, I have heard the Beck Diet Solution is good. I eat when depressed, anxious, lonely etc but now I just tell myself 'food is not love' and 'food is not companionship' and 'food won't solve my problems'. Everyone wants to be able to eat dinner etc without having to worry about the points/cals/fat but you have to make the choice - do you want to be slim more than you want to eat fattening food or not? Unfortunately we can't be slim and eat all we want so we have to decide which is most important to us, there isn't a way we can have both if we are prone to being overweight.

I really appreciate everyone's reply on here. I have to say I feel so much better for just writing it down, I think to offload my worries helps me open my mind.

With getting to the route of the problem, I've had hypnotherapy and spoken alot about feelings and past, apart from being really expensive hasn't done much good. I will see about counselling, reading about Emotional Eating, it was a four part post on this forum was a real eye opener. It was like someone could take my head full of thoughts and write them down for me in a way anyone could understand.

I will continue on the weightwatchers as I have put in hard work this week and it is guidance for now.

I'm so glad I found this forum as I don't feel so alone in my weight problem.

Big thank you :)

GagaOoLala said:
I'm doing Cambridge diet, well.. lol I have been on it one day and starting to remember why I fell off the wagon last time! I feel like a failure. I hate myself for needing food so much.

Hi GagaOoLala

You should never hate yourself for needing food, it's only natural and how we survive, I LOVE food. I have a friend who eats to survive and I always feel sorry for her and all she's missing out on! That's probably why I could never do a meal replacement plan, I just enjoy the sensation of eating far too much! Best of luck and don't be too hard on yourself if it doesn't work out, just try and look at why....saying that though I'm a yo yo dieter so I haven't learnt from my mistakes. I worry as a foodie I never will! :)

Hi GagaOoLala

You should never hate yourself for needing food, it's only natural and how we survive, I LOVE food. I have a friend who eats to survive and I always feel sorry for her and all she's missing out on! That's probably why I could never do a meal replacement plan, I just enjoy the sensation of eating far too much! Best of luck and don't be too hard on yourself if it doesn't work out, just try and look at why....saying that though I'm a yo yo dieter so I haven't learnt from my mistakes. I worry as a foodie I never will! :)

Lol I am a foodie. It's so true. I'm going out with a chef who wants to cook me nice meals all the time and show what he can do and with that I don't stand a chance do i? lol.

But I have always enjoyed food, i eat when im bored, when im happy, to celebrate or when im down. I have never smoked or done drugs, i dont drink that much so I say food would be my only addiction. Thats why it nice to have a rest for a while. xx

Thank you, I've lost 12lb now in 6days! I have decided I am going to try and do this diet until xmas and then move on to calorie counting or something like that because hopefully I will have lost about 5-6st and then lose the rest and tone up on healthy diet and exercise xx

You sound just like me, tried most diets, I find that if I'm feeling low, I always think about changing which diet I'm on, not the answer I know, I just need to stick with it! good luck.

Back