Which meat is best for dieting?

I am currently following a high protein diet, so you could say i eat a lot of meat.

I have mainly stuck to chicken and turkey so far, but i am dying to introduce more steak and pork to my diet - is this a bad idea?

Why don't you try some quorn products? If you love lamb and beef I wouldnt get the burgers but if you're cooking with mince you probably wont notice much difference! Quorn is a very low fat protein.

Ever since we started healthy eating back in June we seem to eat huge amounts of meet. We have steak once a week - preferably fillet as its the leanest but if the butcher has no fillet (or its too small which is sometimes the case) then we have sirloin or even rib eye - I just cut all of the fat off it before cooking (or after for the bit in the middle of the rib eye).

We also eat a lot of lamb in either curry or tagines etc. I usually buy a leg of lamb and the butcher bones, skins, dices it for me. I always ask for it to be as lean as possible, so he cuts all the fat off.

The only problem is that the leanest meat is often the most expensive! I'm lucky that I have a brilliant local butcher - everything is british, reared ethically, no hormones, slaughtered on site and cheaper than sainsburys!!!!!!

Back