Which Spray?

HereToLose

Hi everyone.
Im going to be having BNS chips tomorrow for the first time. We have a tray for the oven which is completely mesh to make food more crispy and not greasy. Do you have to spray them with oil? If you do would someone please tell me which one is best from the two below please :)..

Crisp 'n' dry spray vegetable oil
or
Frylight extra virgin olive oil spray.
(both can be found on asda website.)

xx

Isn't frylight less points?!

I'm bad, and to be honest don't point frylight, in my mid I probably use a total of 15cals worth for a whole meal, which can't possibly be a point!!

:)

I thought fry lite was 0 points... i've never pointed it.

What are BNS chips?

Butternut squash chips

Ooh these sound good! How do you make/cook, what are the pp's? I love normal chips-obviously! And sweet potato, what are there like, bare in mind iv never had bns! X

Well I only heard about them yesterday myself so i haven't tried them yet. But essentially you peel and cut up a butternut squash into chips or wedge shap, but it on a tray in the oven for i think half an hour or if you have an actifry you could do them in there.

The BNS chips are 0pp all you need to point is any oil you might use in the cooking of them

1 medium sweet potatoe is 4pp

Mmm Butternut Squash Chips sound gorgeous - I love butternut squash but hate peeling it so buy it pre peeled and cut - im going to try the BNS chips next week - thanks for that.

No problem, yummymummy told me about them. I intend to try them next week too.

No problem, yummymummy told me about them. I intend to try them next week too.

due to this post wont be surprised if sales of bns go through the roof and we have a limit of 1 per customer!

Ooh these sound good! How do you make/cook, what are the pp's? I love normal chips-obviously! And sweet potato, what are there like, bare in mind iv never had bns! X

I had never had BNS untill today. I did myself some chips with it but i didnt use any oil spray and cooked them on a mesh like tray on gas mark 6 for about 50minutes and they were yummy ... Going to make some more today :p have them with some WW garlic bread :eating:

Tracer said:
I love the stuff..... Would never have tried it before I joined WW. I roast one most days :). The chips are nice but peeling the thing is a nightmare... Lol

Stick it in a moderate oven for 20 mins (whole) which softens the skin so u can just peel it off!! Squash inside isn't cooked so u can then cook it as u want as normal.

Didn't know it was 0pp, happy days!!!

Back