While we are on toilet habits .. can we

pixiepiratess

Going From Flab to FAB!
Use Senakot and the likes? .. Im off shopping tonight and wondered if we can use off the shelf stuff ?

Senna should only be used for a max of 2 weeks as it can cause lazy bowel. Senna is a stimulat, so if the stool is hard it is going to be painful coming out. You would do better with a softener like sodium docusate or one that works by osmosis like Movicol. Only problem with Sodium docusate is it works by mixing the dietry fat with the poo and as we don't have a lot of dietry fat it might not work so well, whereas Movicol pulls water into the bowel and keeps the poo nice and soft.

Hope this helps a little.

Charlie xx

Senna should only be used for a max of 2 weeks as it can cause lazy bowel. Senna is a stimulat, so if the stool is hard it is going to be painful coming out. You would do better with a softener like sodium docusate or one that works by osmosis like Movicol. Only problem with Sodium docusate is it works by mixing the dietry fat with the poo and as we don't have a lot of dietry fat it might not work so well, whereas Movicol pulls water into the bowel and keeps the poo nice and soft.

Hope this helps a little.

Charlie xx

Ooh very interesting info thanks. I'm on day 4 and I expect I'll get "bunged up".

movicol user here, nice and gentle relief

once used the dulcolax pearl things at the reccomended dose of 2 pearls and OMG think i swallowed a wild animal and it was trying to claw its way out, was so bad, never trying that again!

Ive used the fibre stuff they sell within CD (first spoonful mis morning) and feeling a bit errmm bunged up this morning, I can say this afternoon its worked! One pot goes a long way too, 1tsp in your first drink. :) xx

HA ... truffle you really do love poo dont u :giggle:

Back