white dog hair - evrrywhere!!!!!!

kerrys86

Silver Member
Hi im just looking to see if any one has any tips to get rid of dog hair from car seats.
I have a white husky, she sheds like crazy, inside its easy to clean but if we take her out of she is in car to go some where my car geta covered it soo hard to.clean, takes.me.bout 3 hrs to vacuum.
Any one any suggestions, on cleaning or even if you know of something to minimise shredding

SW 13,10; W1-8lbs W2 -2lbs W3 -0lbs

Dye her black?? lol

We've got the same problem with our white northern inuit......dog hair everywhere....hoover working overtime, and LOADS of hair out when we brush him (everyday out on our walks).

We've got seat covers in the car, but no magic solutions i'm afraid!

We have exactly the same issues. Our male Northern inuit x husky is bad as he had a really thick undercoat that gets everywhere but he is not as bad as our female Malamute. She is a nightmare for leaving hair everywhere. We found the best thing is to groom them outside every couple of days to try and get rid of as much hair as you can. We use a wire hand brush and can spend ages doing it. They both really enjoy it.

I highly recommend a 'furminator'!

Ooh not heard of one of those, will have to google x

was going to say furminator too. I have a basset hound who shreds terrible, the furminator does help, but you need to do it regularly.

They are expensive, but look on Ebay for cheaper ones. I paid $36 australian dollars (not sure what that is in pounds), but the shops here want over $100 australian dollars. :(

We have a gorgeous little Wussel (whippet/jack russel) called Phoebe. Who is mainly white and moults like porcupine in a washing machine.
We've got a Hoover Hurricane Light vacuum cleaner which seems to do the trick (most of the time).

Failing that, the cure all for every situation life throws at you is duct tape! It works wonders on my car seats/boot/doors/dashboard... she really does moult a lot. Totally worth it for the love in return however :)

Last edited:
Wear a marigold glove with it damp and run your hand over the hair like your scraping it and it should come off woks on carpets too

Back