White sauce for lasagne

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers - ProPoints Plan Recipes' started by LBgirl, 6 May 2011 Social URL.

1. LBgirl

LBgirl Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.48%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    what does everyone use for white sauce when making lasagne? do you make your own? i know theres a recipe using quark etc not sure i fancy that! i normally use a packet of asda instant white sauce (i worked it out as 6pp for the whole packet?)

:D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. lilacwine

lilacwine Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    The pork lasagne in the Seriously Satisfying book uses creme fraiche mixed with a bit of parmesan. You don't put it between the layers and it just goes on the top. I love my lasagne but I was very happy to eat this and didn't feel I had missed out on my usual.

4. mmmcupcakes

mmmcupcakes Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(13.1%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers PP
    I agree with Lilacwine, I made the Pork Lasagne from SS on Saturday & it was lovely & im a massive Lasagne fan - defo dont miss the lack of cheese or white sause cos its so tasty!! xx

5. hannata

hannata I can haz cake?

Start Weight:
    280lb
    Current Weight:
    249.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    208.5lb
    Lost(%):
    31lb(11.07%)
    Diet:
    ADF
    you could make a cheese sauce with phili and a bit of skimmed milk, get milk warmed up on the hob, add the philly... i usually use about half a tub (4pp) and it makes a good thick sauce :)

works as good as any white sauce :p

6. pudnpie

pudnpie Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.11%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I saw the bloke on something for the weekend use cottage cheese instead. It was his mums recipe. I tried it and it was nice. Recipe should be on BBC website. Simon rimmer. Have remembered his name now!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.