who goes to the gym?

Kayee

Silver Member
Just wondering who goes to the gym ? i have my induction next week. a bit nervous but i know its got to be done. also going swimming when i have come off my TOTM next week. Last time i went to the gym was about 7 to 8 years ago. i always find myself getting embarrassed as the people in there are always slim and athletic. just plan to go down there with my ipod and try to just knuckle down with it x

when I was at my biggest of 19 stone I lost 3 stone by going to the gym 3 times a week. I was very conscious about people looking at me but you have to realise you are doing this for you, not for the other skinnier people at the gym. Also you don't know their story, they could have been bigger than you.

I also use to get a good post-work out buzz from the gym, which use to motivate me to go again.

I actually miss the gym.

good luck! It will all be worth it.

They're probably at the gym bc they want to improve their body too!!

Also whose to say they haven't been bigger before and now after going to the gym theyre the skinny people lol!

Also I'm past caring now! I'm there bc I have a goal screw them if they wanna watch me!

Go for it! We all have body hang ups! Xx

I am going back to the gym tonight since before christmas! I dont have much excuse no to go seen as my office door is less than 2 meters from the Gym Enterance!

I go to the gym at school- its free but have to put up with looking sweaty infront of kids at school but oh well. I think I'd rather ho swimming, going to aqua Zumba on Thursday so going to see how that goes...x

I have a membership that I got through a referal from my GP, its more less than half the price of a "normal" membership. I would recommend asking your GP if they do that at your local gym, I think it costs me £20 a month to go and that includes fitness classes and access to the gym anytime of the day.
I havent been since October because of my Operation but plan to go this week once I have babysitter sorted out :)

I imagine that most of the "fit" people weren't once upon a time, yeah ok there are a few who probably were but not all of them. One of the mums at school is so slim & I have always been envious but when I got to know her it turns out she runs (even did the marathon last year) but as soon as she stops running or watching what she eats she gains weight really quickly.... I would go to the gym if I could but with not driving & being at work all week its hard to get to & from which is why I bought the exercise bike. We did look at a family membership at the gym we used to belong to but it was £900 a year!!!!

I don't at the moment but I am planning on joining the new Life Centre. I do worry about it though as I have zero coordination whatsoever!

I am just slowly building up strength in ankle before I can hit gym again properly although done 45 minsmof Zumba DVD in my living room and I am so glad I can't see myself my hip rolls don't look as sexy as the hip rolls on the DVD obviously when I am skinny that will change haha

Lucy:D said:
I go to the gym at school- its free but have to put up with looking sweaty infront of kids at school but oh well. I think I'd rather ho swimming, going to aqua Zumba on Thursday so going to see how that goes...x

Aqua Zumba sounds great fun. Is it?

I have a membership that I got through a referal from my GP, its more less than half the price of a "normal" membership. I would recommend asking your GP if they do that at your local gym, I think it costs me £20 a month to go and that includes fitness classes and access to the gym anytime of the day.
I havent been since October because of my Operation but plan to go this week once I have babysitter sorted out :)

I asked my doctors about that and he reckons they don't do it anymore. i remmeber getting a referal years ago when i lived down south at my old doctors but here they dont :(. thanks for everyone's posts tho. omg lexi 900 pound your kidding? xx

That was obviously David Lloyd gym wasn't it Lexie ? They are such a rip off

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I am gonna start going back to the gym it really makes all the differemce I lost 4 stone through exercise and diet ... put it all back on now obviously!! I think im also gonna try a salsa class

Back