Who is your inspiration?

Cheers everyone for posting your inspiration! It's great to see what everyone is working towards

I've been on a programme of self improvement for the last few years. I started off dying my hair back to brown, then I got braces on my teeth to correct my overlapping front teeth and overbite.

Now I'm tackling the weight. I found I could only concentrate on one thing at a time... doing it all in one go would've felt like I was losing myself, iyswim.

I don't really have anyone I look up to, I just know what I don't want to be...

I love looking at celebrities and thinking I would love to look like that, but as someone else said earlier - along with it would come eating disorders -already have one of those - LOL and personal trainers, hours in the gym, plastic surgery.. the list goes on... and then I look at my little boys, who love me for who I am not what I look like and that makes me smile...
The one person who I do really feel for is my OH, I was 9 stone when we met 10 years ago and got married, then 2 boys came along and so did 4 stone of weight... he hasnt complained once about my size or anything... so I am doing this for both of us - I want us to get back to where we were a few years ago...

That's me !!!

I can honestly say that I do not look up to or get inspiration from any celebrity. Take Jordan (I wish someone would) for example. Look at the amount of surgery she has had over the years. Look at her little body and yet she hates herself. She thinks she's fat. She is an unhappy, crude mess and I personally think that she is an ugly bully and Peter is well out of it!!!!! But that's another topic. The point I am trying to make is that most of these celebrities are so insecure. They are not nice people and they are certainly not happy people.

My inspiration comes from people who fight to become winners - someone like Richard Branson who started off doing business from a phone box!! Also KD - her post on this topic is fantastic!!!

Back