Why are you on slimming world? answers here please.

i<3jellybeans

I dont know if this has already been posted previously :sign0163:

For me, i have done slimming world in the past as well as other slimming clubs and i know that this is the best plan for me - in the long run! It's not just a diet, its a "way of life" and i really hope i can achieve my goals i have set.

In may this year, my brother is getting married, and i really would love to loose atleast 1.5 - 2 stone before then. This isnt just the reason why i am on slimming world, i want to feel healthier and more happier with the way i am. By loosing this weight ive aimed for, i then should be able to find a dress (wearing a dress for me is a very rare thing) i can wear for my brothers wedding instead of hiding myself away in baggy clothes :(

How about you, why are you doing slimming world?

x

My sw journey started last august I had just had enough and didnt like the way i looked or felt anymore, it took a lot for me to go to class on my own but mind made up I went and have lost just over 3 stone so glad I started I now have 2 weddings to go to my oh's neice and nephew are getting married in july/august and I really want to be able to buy something nice and not feel like im wearing a tent, good luck on your journey xx

I am not good at managing my own food. If I try to eat healthily I try to cut everything out and keep it up for about 1/2 day.

Slimming World gives me a structure for a healthy diet where I can loose weight slowly but continue to have a normal life and eat a lot to fill me up and fuel my exercise.

I mainly started because I stopped exercising so much as I started working full time and the rate at which the weight that I had lost exercising went back on was phenomenal.

Trying to loose it all now and get back into exercising properly again.

I had tried every other diet and this was the last one before i resorted to a VLCD! Thankfully the weight is coming off, and the VLCD was not needed!

x

I want to be a good example to my children, my eldest is 8 and she is a little bit bigger than she should be, but the main problem is that she has very similar eating habits to me and I dont want her to have the problems that I have had all my life with being over weight and I want to be able to run round after them and take them bike riding and swimming, and do all the fun things that they enjoy. I also have a wardrobe ful of clothes that are too small and I want to fit into them

Because i'm fat and I know SW works and fits with my lifestyle and eating habits.

I joined sw back in 2007 and managed to get almost a stone off but I couldnt stick with it, was still going out every weekend and living at home it was hard as my family didnt want to eat the same etc.

Then I rejoined in 2009, knowing we were going to get married in 2010 I knew it was time to lose weight for my wedding.
I got to target in March 2010 and got wed in April 2010. I was so happy. I managed to keep at target until Nov 2010 and now just need to get a few lbs off. xxx

Hi everyone :)

Well I started SW this week for a number of reasons. I HATE being overweight. I HATE not being able to walk up the stairs properly because my knees hurt :cry: I HATE not having clothes that fit - I buy clothes that hide!

So I decided that enough is enough. I've stuck to the plan 100% so far (weigh in tomorrow) and I've loved it....

I want to lose 4 stone so I've a long journey ahead, but I'm focusing on every 1/2 stone and I KNOW I'll get there!

nona
x

:heartpump: Lovely to read some replies everyone, thank you.. its interesting to read the reasons why people have joined.

x

Although I weigh 18+stone I am very lucky and have hardly any health problems as such. Ok, I cannot run the length of me without being out of breath, but I do not have any pains and aches which hinder me in my daily life. I do not own a car and therefore walk everywhere (or take public transport) which might help. And although I don't go around every day hating me and my life, it's quite depressing to go shopping with friends and I'm the only one who needs to go to the bigger sizes section and comes back without anything. Being shy and quite a solitary soul doesn't help either. So, time to shake things up and get some weight off and SW is just the right way to do it.

Although I weigh 18+stone I am very lucky and have hardly any health problems as such. Ok, I cannot run the length of me without being out of breath, but I do not have any pains and aches which hinder me in my daily life. I do not own a car and therefore walk everywhere (or take public transport) which might help. And although I don't go around every day hating me and my life, it's quite depressing to go shopping with friends and I'm the only one who needs to go to the bigger sizes section and comes back without anything. Being shy and quite a solitary soul doesn't help either. So, time to shake things up and get some weight off and SW is just the right way to do it.

Good attitude to have, good luck x

I was sick of everything that comes along with being overweight.
-Looking in the mirror and feeling horrible
-Always having to go to the plus size section in a shop
Etc.
Most of all I want to start a family in about 10years - as Im only 19, and I do not want be like this for my family.

I've been doing SW for 2 1/2 yrs now, maybe i've not lost as much as i wanted to (TBH 3.5st is still a massive amount lol) but i've stuck to it and its become a way of life for me now. I go to class when i can, shifts permitting, and have even taken holidays to get to class when i've really needed to go!!! I love the fact you can have still have a treat making it very flexible to carry on living and not be starving all the time as with other diets! I also love the fact it made me cook from scratch and not rely on processed crap for which i'll be eternally grateful! I'm so proud of the meals i prepare for me and my OH........he's one lucky man!!! lol

Woohooo for slimming world!!!
Double woohoo for this site as this has been my lifeline as well:banana dancer:

Slimming world has taught me some lovely recipes aswell, totally agree with you jojo.

I joined SW nearly 2 weeks ago. When I was younger I never had any trouble with my weight but when I started university I started putting it on. Now I'm 25 and 14 stone. My clothes don't fit and I hate seeing myself in photos.

I'm getting married in a couple of years so I want to be the best I can be.

I've had a few false starts before but this time I'm serious. I've quit smoking, I've been to the gym loads and in my first week I lost 5.5 lbs.

I know it'll take a while but I have a wonderful life and a wonderful OH and I plan to stick around for as long as possible.

Few reasons for me:

I want to look and feel good every day, what ever I wear.
I want to ease my pains of 2 slipped discs, probably slipped because I am carrying an extra 25-30 kg that I really don't need!
I want to get me a man - had lots of chances but I feel so horrible about myself I find it hard to let people get close.
I live in Dubai, love swimming and look 10 times better with a tan - but the thought of getting in a swimming costume freaks me out, even makes me feel sick (being surrounded by model like twiglets doesn't help).
I am the biggest one in my friend group and in my office - I want to be normal!

96kg start on the 3rd Jan 2011
92kg as of last WI already and feeling in control and finally ready to feel fantastic :)

I think we all deserve a pat on the back just for doing something about it!

We ROCK!

x

I got fed up with having to buy clothes online or travel miles to one special shop that carries clothes in my sizes ( I was in 6 or 7XL shirts etc.. ).
I'd tried WW but the restrictions of WW didn't suit me and one slip left me feeling horrible with myself and didn't go back onto it.. ( perhaps it would have been different if I wasn't doing it at home and not joining a group.. )
SW lets me eat as much as I want and have treats that I want without feeling guilty..
I never saw the point of paying each week to be told I'm fat ( which was what my preconceptions of what group would be like were ), so the fact that I was able to get refered to SW by my GP for 12 weeks free decided it for me.. I had nothing to lose but the weight..

I joined coz I had been trying to go it alone for a few months and had lost a bit but was starting to lose motivation. Im at target now and have been (with a recent downwards adjustment) since October, but I still attend because I know that left to my own devices I would slip back. I also help with the social team, in fact, I AM the social team, pretty much, and its helping to boost my confidence.

Originally - I joined after seeing some rather unflattering pictures of me taken August 2008 at my brother's wedding. After my other brother then asked me to be an usher at his wedding in August 2009 - i knew i had to do something.

Now - why do i keep going? because it works. From being a walking heart attack waiting to happen and having no real life to speak of, i'm now the lightest i've been since i was about 12, enjoying life and with new energy and confidence i've never seen before and if i stopped going - i'd probably easily slip back into old habits and put it back on - and there's no way on this planet that i'm ever going to let that happen again - i've lost so much, but gained so much in return that i never want to loose what i've gained.

Back