Why can't I stop faffing around?!

MissNix

Gold Member
It takes me such a ridiculous amount of time to lose any weight as I am such a faffer - I've only got 11lbs off since June last year despite spending god knows how many £s on Slimming World!! :eek:

I seem to do 2-3 weeks of being good, and getting ok losses (1lb here, 1.5lb there maybe if I'm lucky), and then I'll fall off the bandwagon for a week, put a lb or two back on, and then get give myself a kick up the bum and get back on it, which has resulted in me losing the same lbs over and over again for the last 9 months!!

I'm still happy that my weight is going in the right direction, even if at a snail's pace :) , but this year I need some acceleration or else I'm never going to get to target and never going to be happy in my bikini :( Any tips for longer terms motivation from you successful slimmers out there??

I've started a diary on here, so hoping that helps, but any other advice would be much appreciated!

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...ll-taking-3-stone-less-luggage-las-vegas.html

Ive done the same its took me probley 3 months just to lose about 7 pounds lol so pathetic but i keep going backwards and forwards ive got the worst will power ever :( youv done well though x

7lbs when you've only got a small amount to lose like you is amazing - well done! :) I think we definitely fall into the "scenic route" category he he!

I'm exactly the same Hun, my SW journey this time has been a very rocky road and the last few weeks I've kinda given up.
So I've decided I will get my holiday out the way then re join on 1st May and really get back into it xxxx

I'm exactly the same! I have just rejoined slimming world after doing weight watchers for over a year - I actually ended up gaining weight as I faffed so much :-/
This time I am determined to do it. I shudder to think the amount of money I've wasted over the past 2 years!

I'm exactly the same Hun, my SW journey this time has been a very rocky road and the last few weeks I've kinda given up.
So I've decided I will get my holiday out the way then re join on 1st May and really get back into it xxxx

At least you're setting yourself a time limit on it so that's a bit of damage limitation - enjoy your time off and come back all motivated after your hols! :D xx

I'm exactly the same! I have just rejoined slimming world after doing weight watchers for over a year - I actually ended up gaining weight as I faffed so much :-/
This time I am determined to do it. I shudder to think the amount of money I've wasted over the past 2 years!

Haha that was me the year before actually gaining weight despite "doing SW"... although I can pinpoint exactly how I did it... I joined the Hotel Chocolat tasting club and never once counted a syn for any of the chocolates eaten!! Silly silly me....

I'm feeling all motivated today, let's hope it continues :D

This is a tough question, and even tougher to answer - sometimes you don't need any motivation at all - other than going to class and sitting there knowing your consultant says " well done X you've lost X lbs" another time it's your next shiny sticky award, or aiming for SOTW
Other times its just so, so difficult.
I think that sometimes we just get in a rut, and seem on an never ending treadmill of losing and gaining the same few pounds.
I think we become bored of what were doing, eating the same things, doing the same things and thinking the same things.

How about re-reading your books, looking at new things to eat, try something new for dinner.
What about buying a cheap pair of jeans 1 size smaller and aiming for those - you don't want to waste the tenner, then once in them, get the next size down.
Or how about buying yourself some cheap jewellery for each 7lb award - a pair of earrings, then the matching necklace for the next award.
Or one of those charm bracelets, where you can buy a bead for each 7lb, then you'll have a wrist full of beads, and a constant reminder of how much you've lost.
Remember you have done well for losing, you need to praise yourself for what you've lost, not beat yourself up for what you haven't lost.

Good luck - you'll get there

Thanks Debridger, I like the idea about the charm bracelet :) I've been putting a £ in a jar for every lb I lose, and seeing as I've lost and put on the same few pounds quite a few times that's definitely mounting up!! I might do the jeans thing as well - I've got some clothes that I want to get back into but it'd be nice to know I'm a full size smaller when I get there x

You can pick up a charm bracelet quite cheaply online or in Argos...Jeans, just choose supermarket cheap ones, remember, you won't be wearing them for long, you'll be down the next size in no time ;-)

Haha, here's hoping!! x

I was like this last year, and rejoined a month ago with a feeling of dread more than anything else! However, something seems to have clicked in my brain, and I've lost as much in the last month as I did in 4 months last year! It's definitely in the mind with me. There comes a time when it's right for you to lose weight. I'm leaving nothing to chance, it's like planning a military campaign! And I'm a notorious tightwad!

It's refreshing to see that there are a lot of people in the same boat as I'm exactly the same. I started slimming world in March last year and I've lost 1stone 3.5lbs which I'm obviously really happy with BUT I got to that weight loss in September and since then I've lost and put on the same pounds so for 7 months I have paid my £5 per week and lost absolutely nothing which is frustrating but there's only me to blame.

The main reason why I'm on and off so much is that my other half still buys in treats when he does the shop and still likes his takeaways so I often have the treats and takeaways with him. So I generally start the week off really good and have an 80% week most of the time. I really want to get to my first target (so 10.5lbs to go) by 1st of June as I'm at a wedding but the way I'm going I know I aint going to get there.

For me it's not that I don't enjoy what I'm eating as I plan a weeks worth of meals each week and we have a variety of meals it's just about caving in to temptation when my OH offers it :-s x

It's refreshing to see that there are a lot of people in the same boat as I'm exactly the same. I started slimming world in March last year and I've lost 1stone 3.5lbs which I'm obviously really happy with BUT I got to that weight loss in September and since then I've lost and put on the same pounds so for 7 months I have paid my £5 per week and lost absolutely nothing which is frustrating but there's only me to blame.

The main reason why I'm on and off so much is that my other half still buys in treats when he does the shop and still likes his takeaways so I often have the treats and takeaways with him. So I generally start the week off really good and have an 80% week most of the time. I really want to get to my first target (so 10.5lbs to go) by 1st of June as I'm at a wedding but the way I'm going I know I aint going to get there.

For me it's not that I don't enjoy what I'm eating as I plan a weeks worth of meals each week and we have a variety of meals it's just about caving in to temptation when my OH offers it :-s x

I can so relate to this! I started just wanting to loose a stone back in September...i had lost 11lb by Xmas and I was single at the time so was out most weekends...no take aways ....focused on being slim...then I met my boyfriend boxing night and since being loved up im back to just the half a stone mark...the change of routine and having cwtchy nights in with comfort food..and feeling comfortable with him made me not put slimming world as my first priority....but as its coming closer to summer now I really want to focus on gettin to 9st7 and be more confident in myslef.....its taken me untill this week to co-operate having a bf in with my s/w lifestyle...now i feel focused and going to save my syns to enjoy with him....and keep on trying to reach that target! X

Can I join the club too!! I am the same weight as I was in Oct, having gained and lost the same few pounds over and over. I reakon I must have lost the last stone I want to lose now about 5 times!!!

It is so frustrating when you are paying I try not to think about the money. But I do think about how much I would have put on if I wasn't still doing SW. I have even contemplated calling target but I know I'm not happy. Plus I am petrified about having to maintain although I'm doing that now really as someone pointed out to be the other day!!

So Back on it today, lots of fruit and a fresh mind! We will get there!!

OH goes for a bottle of wine and brings back ,,,A BOX! Plus hula hoops (cos you like them and you've been so good!) "Would you like cheese and crackers?" Er, NO, NO, NO! I'm of a mind at the moment where I am refusing them, but I do wish he'd just shut up, and bring what's on the shopping list.I sometimes think he's sabotaging me. It can't be because of other blokes, I'm 62 for heaven's sake!

I was like this last year, and rejoined a month ago with a feeling of dread more than anything else! However, something seems to have clicked in my brain, and I've lost as much in the last month as I did in 4 months last year! It's definitely in the mind with me. There comes a time when it's right for you to lose weight. I'm leaving nothing to chance, it's like planning a military campaign! And I'm a notorious tightwad!

Ah that's great to hear judimac - let's hope my April is like your March and I can finally get over that next hump! Wish there was a switch you could just flick to get into the zone!! :D

I'm really similar to you - I plan well, I love what I'm eating and how I feel when I'm eating well, but if I'm bored and there happens to be a bar of chocolate tucked away at the back of a cupboard, or perhaps there's a cake being offered around at work, I'm just rubbish at telling myself no!! And I know I want to be slim more than I want that sweet treat, but it's like my alter ego takes over!! I would consider hypnosis if I thought it could help me break that habit! x

I can so relate to this! I started just wanting to loose a stone back in September...i had lost 11lb by Xmas and I was single at the time so was out most weekends...no take aways ....focused on being slim...then I met my boyfriend boxing night and since being loved up im back to just the half a stone mark...the change of routine and having cwtchy nights in with comfort food..and feeling comfortable with him made me not put slimming world as my first priority....but as its coming closer to summer now I really want to focus on gettin to 9st7 and be more confident in myslef.....its taken me untill this week to co-operate having a bf in with my s/w lifestyle...now i feel focused and going to save my syns to enjoy with him....and keep on trying to reach that target! X

That's comfortable loved up period is a nightmare for gaining weight - I did that with my ex after I'd got to a brilliant weight with SW, and before I knew it I'd put everything back on and another stone too! So good on you for catching yourself on now, I'm sure you'll get to your target :) x

Can I join the club too!! I am the same weight as I was in Oct, having gained and lost the same few pounds over and over. I reakon I must have lost the last stone I want to lose now about 5 times!!!

It is so frustrating when you are paying I try not to think about the money. But I do think about how much I would have put on if I wasn't still doing SW. I have even contemplated calling target but I know I'm not happy. Plus I am petrified about having to maintain although I'm doing that now really as someone pointed out to be the other day!!

So Back on it today, lots of fruit and a fresh mind! We will get there!!

I announce this to be the first official meeting of the Ex-Faffers Club! ;) Let's all promise eachother to just get our arses in gear and get on with it! :D

Back